Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Apr 2005 at 10:59 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims under water look and other graphics errors.
Before I installed university my game worked perfectly find, and after the nightmare installation, the day of three returns to Walmart to get a disc that didn't stall at 64% everything seemed fine for three days...

Then I got a bunch of flashing bouncy stuff, like the sims are underwater sort of look, so I removed all my downloads and my neighborhood files to get everything back to default, it didn't fix it. Then I went to EA tech support and did what it suggested and updated my drivers. Reloaded the sims and... it's worse, I get a bunch of other graphical errors like being unable to see my house or a lot of blinking. At one point fiddling with the graphics options in the game allowed me to fix the underwater thing, but then it looked like everyone in the game had been dipped in bleach, formally lime green counters were white....

By this point I'm ready to chuck the whole game out of the window. However if anybody has any suggestions.... I'd be glad to try them first.

Thank you in advance.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 5th Apr 2005 at 12:00 PM
How long has it been? Is/Are the disc/s scratched? You could trade it in for a new one.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Apr 2005 at 12:54 PM
Got it Easter Sunday, no scratches, and if I can't fix it... I just might trade it in... for a new videogame altogehter.
Moderator of Aardvarks
#4 Old 5th Apr 2005 at 4:02 PM
Try running the EasyInfo program under EA GAmes programs in the start menu. It will let you know if the drivers are the correct version for the game. Also, you might try searching the forums for the model of your video card. You might find comments on a particular driver version that works well.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 5th Apr 2005 at 4:30 PM
Could it have anything to do with not having the proper patches installed? Meaning, the latest Maxis patch. I don't know if that would cause this, but that's the first reason that came to mind. But then again, I don't know too much about computers or the technical side of things.

She got a corpse under her bed.
She had her fun, but now he's dead.

~*~*~*~

R U Deviant?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Apr 2005 at 5:33 AM
Thanks for the help, I figured out my problem my Niveda graphics card was dying apparently but it was only apparent in the sims. Unfortunatly my Intel graphics card doesn't make everything as pretty but at least I no longer feel like I'm about to have a seizure at any second.