Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Apr 2005 at 6:04 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default need to delete neighborhood
I need to delete a neighborhood.....when I do the neighborhoods rename themselves. help! in the book that comes with the game it says you can delete them but i cant find where. does anyone know?????????????
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 6th Apr 2005 at 6:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by diplacesims
I need to delete a neighborhood.....when I do the neighborhoods rename themselves. help! in the book that comes with the game it says you can delete them but i cant find where. does anyone know?????????????

Just go to your EAGames/Sims2 folder.......click on your neighborhood folder......then highlight the neighborhood you wish to delete.....right click and click delete.......you might want to just click and drag to your desktop in case you change you mind and want to put it back........I only have one neighborhood in my game......I deleted the others.......

Hope this helps
tug

If you can read this, thank a Teacher.......if you are reading it in English, thank a Veteran
Download the InSIMenator at http://www.insimenator.net
Moderator of Aardvarks
#3 Old 6th Apr 2005 at 6:17 AM
The neighborhoods are located in My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods
N001 is Pleasantview
N002 is Strangeville
N003 is Veronaville
The other folders will be your custom neighborhoods. Just remove the N0## folder that corresponds to the neighbirhood you want to delete. You can move the folder to your Desktop until you are sure you have the right one, and you really want it gone.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 5:22 AM
thanks for the info. i have another question sort of like the first one....i want to play a previous backed up "game" I want a character from the recent game to play in my backed up game. does anyone know how i can get the character where I want him with out haveing to remake him. There is a folder that says "saved sims" what is that for?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 5:24 AM
i think I'll make a new post for this one