Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Apr 2005 at 8:24 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets
Default College Sim has gone completely MIA.
(I did do a search for this, but I couldn't find anything helpful.)

I sent the first daughter of my legacy family off to University one night after a big family party. I saved and quit and went to bed (it was about 3am at that point.)

The next day I loaded up University and started playing the college student. I loaded her into a nice dorm, got her almost to her first final, and gave her a makeover. When I zoomed in to take a picture, I missed the tab button to make the control panel disappear and hit Q in order to zoom my position for the picture. However, the quit panel came up and it asked me if I wanted to save my game. I accidently hit 'No' instead of cancel. No big deal right? Stupid me. That's what I thought. It found it more funny than anything.

When I started up the game later that day I decided to redo the dorm and move her back in. After all that work on the dorm, I loaded her in but she wouldn't show up. The game kept freezing and when I turned on boolprop, I kept getting the error message.

I looked at the log she created and saw that the game thought she was a teen so I attempted to set her age to young adult, but now she's disappeared from the panel. She's there and there's a plumbbob over the building but it won't load and if boolprop is on, I get the message.

I'm running out of things to do short of remaking her and cheating to get her in game. (I know it's a legacy family, but I'm not keeping score, just generally following the rules.)

Does anyone have any less drastic solutions? I was thinking about just attempting to set my computer back to two days ago, but I don't know how to do that.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 6th Apr 2005 at 9:50 PM Last edited by Whismerhill : 6th Apr 2005 at 9:54 PM. Reason: small correction
StephKat716: "I was thinking about just attempting to set my computer back to two days ago, but I don't know how to do that"
As far as I know there's nothing that will save the overall state of your Sims 2 saved files so ... you can't do that
unless you have some kind of backup utility or hardware
but personal computers rarely have this kind of things...

about your problem the only thing that come to my mind is :
you could check if you have some sort of nxxx_userxxxxx.1.package in the neighbourhood folder
it's what happened to my girlfriend

sorry can't help you more than that
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Apr 2005 at 11:18 PM
I do know that I used to have a backup feature on my old Gateway, but I don't know about this computer. But I always hear about people setting back the clocks of their computers.

I checked and the package is N005_User00204.package but SimPE says "No Character Data"

I get the feeling I'm going to have to do this the hard way and remake her.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 9:01 PM Last edited by Ancient Sim : 7th Apr 2005 at 9:05 PM.
The only way I know of 'going back' on your pc is to return to a previous copy of the Registry, but that won't alter what's in The Sims folder.

I was going to suggest that if you had SimPE, you could set her age back to YA and then put her into a dorm or residence or whatever, then when you went back in she should be there (she wouldn't show on the loading page, but she'd be there when you got into the lot). However, if she has no character data that probably wouldn't work, although quite why she wouldn't have any is rather puzzling.

Do you have a back-up? If not, I strongly suggest you either back-up periodically yourself, or get SimPE and do it via that. You do have back-up copies of character files in your Program Files section, but only the originals that were loaded with the game, not ones of other characters you've added yourself (although there is nothing to stop you adding your new ones to that file as a safeguard).

LOL, just noticed that you do have SimPE, I didn't register that part. What about if you get her parents to have another baby via BoolProp and grow it up straightaway, then send that one to Uni? You could keep quitting without saving until you got one that looked as near to her as possible. Chances are that wouldn't be difficult. You could then just delete the memories of the 'new baby' in SimPE so it looks as if there was never another child. Bit convoluted I know, but at least it would be a 'natural' child as opposed to one made in CAS.

WHY DO SIMS NEVER EXPERIENCE A MID-LIFE CRISIS?