Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Pasta Rasta
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 12:02 AM Last edited by Catfish : 8th Apr 2005 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Cleanup

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife
Default How Do I Change Neighborhood Template
I am trying to change the neighborhood terrain for one of my towns. Basically i need to change the whole neighborhood but keep all of the relationships intact. I assume that i will need to move all of my sims and lots into the bins. Thats not a problem. I just cant find the setting for the terrain in the package file for the neighborhood. If anyone knows this i would appreciate it.
I decided that i wanted to play the stories in pleasantview but by then i had already killed the goths for the money and married brandy off to another sim after getting her kids taken by the social worker. But i had put soo much work into that neighborhood with all of my sims that i didn't want to loose them. So i duplicated the neighborhood and renamed it. Did a reinstall and added it as a 4th town. But now i would like to change the terrain to one i have downloaded instead of having the pleasantview one. Any help would be appreciated. :kami:
Also, if anyone needs to know how to duplicate a neighborhood, let me know i will put a guide in this thread
Advertisement
Pasta Rasta
Original Poster
#2 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 12:59 AM
Anyone know where the sc4 file settings for a neighborhood are ? Desparate to change this.
Can't find them in the neighborhood package file for my neighborhood. But i am not a SimPE guru either so i might have missed it. Any help at all with this would be greatly appreciated
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 4:34 PM
You dont need to be a SimPE guru to make new tTerrain you can find the terains here
My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\SC4Terrains
when you've made the Terrain you need to put the file in that directory. Also in the directory there are 3 pictures to each Terrain that are displayed in the game to show you what the Terrain looks like. You dont need to put pictures to you own made neigbourhood if you dont want to.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 4:39 PM
if you want to back-up you neigborhoods then they can be found here
My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods
NOO1 is Pleasent View
NOO2 is Strange Town
NOO3 is Verona Ville
if you've made custom neighborhoods then there will be other folders there. NOO4 is the first neighborhood you creatde NOO5 is the second .ect
Field Researcher
#5 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 4:53 PM
I am interested also in what Catfish asked........How do you change or modify an existing neighborhood terrain......for instance, extending a road......putting in a new road......etc........

Thanks
tug

If you can read this, thank a Teacher.......if you are reading it in English, thank a Veteran
Download the InSIMenator at http://www.insimenator.net
Pasta Rasta
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 5:17 PM Last edited by Catfish : 8th Apr 2005 at 5:21 PM.
Well i think my question was misunderstood.
I have a neighborhood, it was pleasantview. What i have done is duplicated it and put it in the game as a 4th neighborhood called sin city. I wanted to play the stories in pleasantview but i didn't want to loose all of my sims that i had from when i first started playing pleasantview.
SO i did a reinstall to get the original neighborhoods back, and put my old pleasantview back in as a 4th neighborhood "Sin City".
So what i am wanting to do is change the terrain of my Sin City from the pleasantview terrain to one i downloaded that is an island.
As far as asking if anyone wanted to know how to duplicate a neighborhood, i wasn't meaning backup, i meant to copy one neighborhood and put it back in the game as a whole nother neighborhood keeping sims, relationships, university, everything that you had in the town. So like if you had an existing scenario in pleasantview or any other town, and you wanted to keep it but start a new pleasantview or any other town scenario.
Pasta Rasta
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 10:35 PM
I guess i should rephrase this, I want to change the neighborhood template.