Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 10:41 AM
Default how do i back-up files???
i really want to try some hacks but i dont knwo hwo to back up files. like i may seem stupid, but do i put them in a diff folder or something :S please help
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 10:49 AM
Your not stupid,so this is what I do,I burn all my dls onto a disc,then if I get something that crashes my game, or corrupts it I can just go redl from my disc!I don't know what anyone else does but this works for me.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 10:52 AM
oh thanx :D
Test Subject
#4 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 11:06 AM
Best way is to copy/paste your Ea/sims2 folder to your desktop. Then, if something goes wrong you can simply copy/paste the saved folder back over the faulty one.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 11:31 AM
This is how I back up my files. There's only one file that needs to be backed up--that's your "Neighborhoods" file. It's at "My Documents/EA Games/The Sims2/Neighborhoods". Go to your "Neighborhoods" folder. Open it and copy it's contents to your clipboard. Then go to your hardrive and make a folder, say, called "Sims2". Then open it and make another folder called "Neighborhoods". Open that folder then click "Paste". All of your Neighborhoods are backed up.

If you should have to use that file because of a crash, go to "My Documents/EA Games/The Sims2/Neighborhoods" and DELETE "Neighborhoods", first. Then open that folder (Sims2/Neighborhoods) and retireve your neighborhood files. Copy them to your clipboard and then to "My Documents/EA Games/The Sims2/Neighborhoods".

I also backup my "Projects", "Downloads" and "PackagedLots" every now and then. I keep all of those files in the folder called "Sims2" in separate folders.

It's that simple. Good Luck.

Slip

Smile so people will wonder what you're up to...
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 11:39 AM
trilink2002, I used to do it that way but if you've added or deleted a neighborhood that won't work. You have to delete the neighborhood first then paste it in.

Slip

Smile so people will wonder what you're up to...
Pasta Rasta
#7 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 5:55 PM
If you have enough space on the drive, this is what i do to make things very easy. I just open the my documents\eagames folder and rena,e the "TheSims2" folder to "TheSims2 Backup" or anything you like. Then when you start the game again, it will generate a new sims2 folder and new neighborhoods. The you have a complete backup right there next to your new one. Easy to copy things into the new folders.