Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 10:35 PM Last edited by matildrao : 23rd Aug 2018 at 10:51 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default flickering game even though graphic is fixed
hey, I recently did a LOT of changes to my UC game on my windows 7 computer to make the game go smoother (4gb patch, empty standby list, graphics rules, gunmods light mod, and some system change I dont remember (data exeution prevention?), organizing my dowload folder etc etc, and the game still crashes and was probably even slower to start (5+ minutes per loading screen).

So, I wanted to try to move (aka copy! my files are safe back on the old computer if this doesn't work) my game to my new Windows 10 computer, seeing it should run faster and have better graphics. First of all, it was SO QUICK, only the shadows were boxes so I had to add a mod for that... However, when I transferred my old files (light mod, download files, projects, neigbourhoods, lot catalog) the game got weird. The crashing is back and the graphics were bad, so I had to make sure the computer recognizes the graphic card. I'm changing the screen resolution back and forth, but the issue is BLACK FLICKERING. It appears in the neigbourhood view, in CAS, on loading screens and on lots, so it's impossible to play. The graphic card IS recognized though the GRM, and the light mod is working. But still, so much flickering! Can't be from CC because it's the same files as before and I've never had flickering before. I'm trying to google my problem, setting the game to run on XP mode... no change. Tried playing in windowed mode and it got rid of the flickering (but not the crashing) and is ridiciously small, I can't play windowed mode, or I shouldn't HAVE to.

Since the game and graphics were fine (no flickering) before I transferred the files I need to know what is causing the flickering. Is it still something I need to add/remove/recode or are there mods that do this to Windows 10? I don't even have a lot of mods! Wtf is going on with my game? Should I delete shadows and the shadow mod?

PS when the game crashes I have to log out or shut down the computer since the task manager can't show up OVER TS2? Maybe not related to the flickering but it sucks??? maybe windowed mode is a must?!
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 11:35 PM
I assume the 4gb patch isn't related to this and I thought it wouldn't be necessary to fix for Windows 10 but my log file says

"Memory: 1024MB
Free memory: 1024MB"

is this normal?
Mad Poster
#3 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 1:10 AM
It would help if you post your system specs.

Now, if you have one of the new Nvidia graphics cards, I would check your Nvidia control panel and see if G-Sync is present and enabled. If it is, disable it. As for the 4GB patch, I would try to re-apply it again. It's supposed to say 4096 MB after you do so.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 11:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
It would help if you post your system specs.

Now, if you have one of the new Nvidia graphics cards, I would check your Nvidia control panel and see if G-Sync is present and enabled. If it is, disable it. As for the 4GB patch, I would try to re-apply it again. It's supposed to say 4096 MB after you do so.

Ok I'll try to apply it again, for the system spec, is it config log, dxiag or just computer specs...? I don't seem to have NVIDIA on my computer.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 11:33 AM
I patched it and fixed memory leakage for windows 10 and restarted the computer... but now when I want to start the game the computer asks me if i want to allow sims2ep9.exe "from an unknown provider" to makes changes on the computer? I click yes but nothing happens, I click play but it just keeps asking and doing nothing?
Scholar
#6 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 12:19 PM
system spec & ConfigLog (what actually game is seeing) from $Documents\EA Games\The Simsâ„¢ 2 Ultimate Collection\Logs\[computername]-config-log.txt may be useful

Quote:
... but now when I want to start the game the computer asks me if i want to allow sims2ep9.exe "from an unknown provider" to makes changes on the computer? I click yes but nothing happens, I click play but it just keeps asking and doing nothing?

I suppouse you run the program with "admin" level ("run as admin"); does the process die or become dormant? Check with Task Manager.

Quote:
However, when I transferred my old files (light mod, download files, projects, neigbourhoods, lot catalog) the game got weird. The crashing is back and the graphics were bad,

aside from a new machine problem if without old folder the game was running OK the problem may be with these old files. For Scriptorium & Lightning mods it's not enough to just copy/paste files in Downloads, you need to reinstall (manually or by installer) them in the new machine. The same goes with scriptorium-wise CC.

1st game run or any start after adding significant amount of CC is suppoused to be a slow one. Game needs to rebuild its cashes or build user folders from defaults.

Try a clean run (rename existing user folders and allow game to rebuild them). Then restore your settings and start to adding CC piece by piece. With scriptorium/lightning/stairs as 1st.

Quote:
"Memory: 1024MB
Free memory: 1024MB"

it's mean the 4GB patch is not working at all because wasn't installed. WIthout actually rising user priviledges above normal "admin" level the system (since Win7) usually won't allow you to mess with anything inside ./Program Files and WIndows root folders. Copy the executable (sims2ep9.exe) into your user folder (may be just the Desktop) apply the patch, save the backup for precaution and copy patched one back where it belongs.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"