Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 2:28 PM
Default About the NRaas Wiki :alarm:
Hi! I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but, I just checked up on the NRaas website and apparently, their domain host is closing? It says in 29 days all free wikis will be closed permanently. I doubt the creator is NRaas is still active, so shouldn't we archive the site somehow?
Advertisement
Space Pony
#2 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 2:34 PM
No worries, Nraas is still active. While it's true Twallan is retired. Other amazing modders such as Igazor have taken over Nraas. So since they have such a strong wiki site going they are allowed to keep there Wiki open longer, I think on September 29th or 30th there new site will be open to the public. However, until than we will still be able to download the mods just not report bugs/ talk to the community and modders on the site.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 4:19 PM
In addition to Gargoyle Cat's link to igazor's post here there is a big illustration at the top of every page at NRaas with a link for details.
We are discouraging the sim community avoid backing up mod files where they can be accessed by others. This will cause not only confusion but anyone accessing those mods archived on different servers will not include updates to those mods.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 4:57 PM
Oh my god! What a revelation!

I
Wonder
What's
Going
To
Happen
To
Them???

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Field Researcher
#5 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 4:45 AM
Maybe someone on the mod staff should sticky igazor's post (so graciously linked to by Gargoyle Cat above), if only so people can see that yes, we know NRaas' current host is closing, and no, there's no reason to panic (yet).

WARNING: Professional Lurker Alert!
Quote:
"Ew, trees [WooHoo-ing]."

-- "Oral Pollination", Not Always Right
Mad Poster
#6 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 6:40 AM Last edited by igazor : 29th Aug 2018 at 6:53 AM.
Rumors of our demise have been exaggerated for well over four years now. We're still alive and kicking, it just takes us a little longer to wake up in the morning than it used to.

Loved the medley of panic stricken threads all in one place up there, even though we did/still are doing our best to dispel those rumors and broadcast progress on the impending move. Just for the record though, I am not an "amazing modder." Good grief, if I had that title myself all of your games and half of your computers would have exploded ages ago (please tell me they haven't). The real modding talent lives on the NRaas site, wherever we are calling home at any given time.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 9:27 PM
igazor is a fantastic helpful person, but the modders are Chain_Reaction and a few others at the Nraas wiki that took over after Twallan retired. Look at the link Gargoyle Cat posted several posts up for more information about the move (Post #3). They are moving soon, not completely closing thank goodness. I wouldn't be able to play without Nraas mods, Sims 3 is way too unstable to play without them.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 10:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
igazor is a fantastic helpful person, but the modders are Chain_Reaction and a few others at the Nraas wiki that took over after Twallan retired. Look at the link Gargoyle Cat posted several posts up for more information about the move (Post #3). They are moving soon, not completely closing thank goodness. I wouldn't be able to play without Nraas mods, Sims 3 is way too unstable to play without them.

Chain_Reactions is our lead Developer. He has maintained Twallan's suite and also created new stand alone mods. It should be noted that several modders here at MTS have over the past few years made valuable contributions to the mods. I was going to name them but I'm afraid if I leave someone out MTS will send a lynch mob for me. igazor, Sarah_Sims and myself are Organizers.
I know requests are not allowed here but I wish someone would clone another igazor. I'm afraid we overwork him.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 10:58 PM
Yes at this point, we're well overdue on cloning Igazor. Or at least getting some replacement parts for the poor bastard.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#10 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 12:05 AM Last edited by igazor : 30th Aug 2018 at 12:19 AM.
I'll go for the replacement parts thing. Whatever it is that needs to happen for Igazor2019 to evolve, he's gotta be able to run more smoothly and with fewer groans, squeaks, and other funny high pitched noises than he does currently.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 1st Sep 2018 at 11:25 PM
Thanks everyone! Sorry about the redundant question but the more you know, y'know? I haven't played or modded the Sims 3 in ages, but it's good to hear that NRaas will still be around!