Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 12:28 AM Last edited by BigCola111 : 13th Oct 2018 at 4:00 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Apartment Life
Default Would anyone be willing to share a back-up of their "Collections" folder?
So I had decided to organize my collection folders in-game, and I noticed something odd. I have the collections folders for the expansions and and stuff packs, but the collection folders for the various styles from the base game seem to be missing, with the exception of the Moroccan style. I'm not sure how this happened, though I suspect I probably deleted them myself while half awake.
I checked the actual collections folder found in documents and found that the appropriate files are missing there, too, so I think the issue could be solved if I just copy and paste the needed files, but, I haven't actually been able to find an upload on my own.
Would someone be able to upload their Collection folder if they have the base games files? I'm not actually sure this would work but I want to try.
Thank you
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 12:35 AM
Try to move out the Collection folder, and run the game. Moving out a folder will usually cause the game to regenerate the missing folder and the contents from the install files, setting them back to factory settings. Then you can move back the collections you made.

This trick works with most folders in "Documents/EAGames/The Sims 2" - and you can also use it to "reinstall" the game by moving out all the folders and running the game, which sets everything back to how the game would be as newly installed.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 1:05 AM
Well this is embarrassing, I've actually used this method to repair my game before. I tried it out and it worked like a charm.
Thank for the help lol!