Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#9376 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 12:09 AM
Carrigon had a thunderstorm obelisk that could knock the power out, but I could never get it to work correctly and didn't want to 50/50 it. I'll send it to you if you want to try it though, especially considering what a pain it is to get her stuff off 4shared.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Inventor
#9377 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 5:28 PM
Since we were talking about it here and it doesn't seem to exist: I'd love a functional storage unit - an object that functions similarly to a sim's inventory so that families/households/groups can keep their items in one place. It's probably not possible, but oh, well, no harm in posting it anyway.

In that vein, also as we mentioned in the above thread, it'd be nice if there was a pop-up to ask you if you'd like to transfer the contents of a deceased sim's inventory to another sim - because I wonder how an urn can fit all those graduation certificates, dining tables, pizza boxes, and full produce baskets... I guess the same way one sim's inventory can hold it.

Minor want but I'd also like to see a mod allowing the storage of pizza and Chinese takeout as leftovers. There's the option of using custom versions or just the inventory system, though options are nice.
Forum Resident
#9378 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 11:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sketching
I wonder how an urn can fit all those graduation certificates, dining tables, pizza boxes, and full produce baskets...

Cuz ashes don't really take up a whole lot of space! haha. Fitting the un-cremated goods into a 6 foot hole, now THAT'S an accomplishment!

-gE
>=)
Mad Poster
#9379 Old 17th Nov 2018 at 1:04 AM
Maybe Grim takes the inventory contents as payment for his services.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
#9380 Old 17th Nov 2018 at 8:21 AM
Online share play for TS2. I'd love to build lots with my friend.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Mad Poster
#9381 Old 17th Nov 2018 at 12:31 PM
A hack that stops Sims from using a household bar when a bartender is present. And maybe an option whether he just serves the drinks or just tends the bar. Would make the party service npc somewhat more useful.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#9382 Old 17th Nov 2018 at 12:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
Maybe Grim takes the inventory contents as payment for his services.

I rather want him to give that stuff as heritage for living relatives of the deceased sim. Doesn't make much difference in gameplay If Grim took it, but there would many routes of possibilities If sims could inherint stuff rather than just money.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#9383 Old 17th Nov 2018 at 9:11 PM
Quote:
"In that vein, also as we mentioned in the above thread, it'd be nice if there was a pop-up to ask you if you'd like to transfer the contents of a deceased sim's inventory to another sim - because I wonder how an urn can fit all those graduation certificates, dining tables, pizza boxes, and full produce baskets... I guess the same way one sim's inventory can hold it. "

There is this hack that transfers all the inventory of the about-to-be-deceased to their living relatives:

Inventory Transfer Vase

While it does not remind one to do the transfer, it does do the job. As for points that may have accrued, there's always BO's inventory book to keep them all in. So the deceased really leaves empty handed.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#9384 Old 17th Nov 2018 at 9:54 PM
If you have any money in Monique's computer bank account, elders may also automatically withdraw it all a day before their demise.

Inventor
#9385 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 8:25 AM
Thanks - I already mentioned using the transfer vase in the original WCIF thread. I was just thinking that the functional storage unit and automatic pop-ups would be useful since I don't use Monique's computer for bank accounts and loans and I have several sims who don't die of old age, meaning that I have to actively remember to summon a deceased sim to transfer certain assets in case they suddenly and/or accidentally died, especially if it wasn't on their home lot and if they lived alone.
Lab Assistant
#9386 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 12:35 PM
I'd like to see more of those creative tables (Sorry i forgot the word for it) like the flower making one and the ones Sunni made. Maybe a gnome making one like in TS1? Or medical table? Or other things where sims can make things themselves and then sell them. I think it'd give lots of ideas for businesses. I know there are quite many of them already but more could not hurt. I kind of wish i could have modding skills to make some by myself. I also kind of wish someone would mod the career reward thing from the science career so you could sell the medicine you have made too.
Mad Poster
#9387 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 12:39 PM
I saw a custom woodworking table, but I forgot the link. It might be in the "awesome things" thread.

Instructor
#9388 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 3:26 PM
@FranH Thank you for posting the inventory vase link. I was just wondering how I could transfer my elder sims Aspiration points to their children before they pass away. Boy, I tell ya, some of yall are some mind readers around here.

@Bulbizarre Are you talking about DeeDee-Sims Woodworking Bench? http://deedee-sims.tumblr.com/post/...nal-woodworking

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Alchemist
#9389 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 3:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thewrittenletter
I'd like to see more of those creative tables (Sorry i forgot the word for it) like the flower making one and the ones Sunni made. Maybe a gnome making one like in TS1? Or medical table? Or other things where sims can make things themselves and then sell them. I think it'd give lots of ideas for businesses. I know there are quite many of them already but more could not hurt. I kind of wish i could have modding skills to make some by myself. I also kind of wish someone would mod the career reward thing from the science career so you could sell the medicine you have made too.
http://modthesims.info/d/602983/upd...y-business.html
Mad Poster
#9390 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 4:53 PM
I, too, would like a 'inventory storage unit' as a matter of personal taste-but Sunni did make a 'U-Move Self Storage' unit a very long time ago that was an owner occupied lot:
http://www.sunni.us/umove.htm

I would figure that one could give all of the items needed to be stored there to the 'owner' and they could sell it when one died or something like that.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Scholar
#9391 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 5:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
I saw a custom woodworking table, but I forgot the link. It might be in the "awesome things" thread.

This one? http://deedee-sims.tumblr.com/post/...nal-woodworking
Alchemist
#9392 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 5:59 PM
I wish Maxis made more fresh foods that were unlocked with fresh ingredients, like tomatoes and eggplants would unlock eggplant parmesan, apples could unlock apple pie or applesauce for the toddlers.
Mad Poster
#9393 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 11:44 PM
It would be nice to be able to set menus for un-owned restaurants. I'm getting a bit tired of seeing hamburgers served at my expensive seafood restaurant and lobster thermidor at the local greasy spoon diner.
Mad Poster
#9394 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 11:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
It would be nice to be able to set menus for un-owned restaurants. I'm getting a bit tired of seeing hamburgers served at my expensive seafood restaurant and lobster thermidor at the local greasy spoon diner.

I just make a sim to be owner, set them up and leave them.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9395 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 11:35 AM
I made a grill cheese restaurant once, years ago.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#9396 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 3:34 PM
A default replacement for the phone, MP3 player and camera that uses the same smart phone mesh.
Field Researcher
#9397 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 4:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
I guess I should also give a link to the updated ones I literally just posted.

And some stair corners:

http://gardenofshadows.org.uk/garde...98786#msg698786
https://sims2artists.com/index.php?...g49302#msg49302

Flipping GORGEOUS! I'm nuts about those round stair corners, HugeLunatic! Thankyou!
Field Researcher
#9398 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 6:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by d4RE
Did you have any specific stairs in mind, or just general concrete stair balusters? I have a bit of a stair fetish, and this sounds like something I'd like to give a shot.

Also, I have something similar to what you describe in my game ( I won't swear to it, but I think they're made by Holy Simoly{not sure if that's a simmer or a site}), but have no link. - probably because they came with a lot.

Thanks for replying d4RE. I was thinking mainly of the concrete stairs that came with the game "Almost Indestructible" $65. Those are the ones I usually use outside for big official buildings. I've tried to get the effect I'm thinking of by extending the foundation out beside the stairs and then sloping it downward to follow the descent of the stairs, but obviously that only works with foundations that are more than four clicks high. And because the foundation piece is a whole square in width, that's too wide to really create the effect I'm after unless the staircase is five or six wide. And it doesn't flare out at the bottom in any sort of fancy-shmancy way either, so it's really not the greatest method. However, that's what I've done on a few of my buildings, just to create a sense of an entrance that befits a big, monumental edifice. I think if the railing was about the same width as some of those big, fat fences that hang over the edge of the deck, that would probably be about right. (I just sped through Google Images, but couldn't find anything even remotely like what I'm thinking of, which baffles me. I know I've seen this before!)

Anyway, I'm sure you get the idea. If you do end up creating something like this, please upload it here on MTS!! I'd love to see it, and I'm sure my sims would be thrilled.
Field Researcher
#9399 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 6:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thewrittenletter

Here is a crafting station for big sculptures you can make and sell, by Nadira: (Two versions, one for residential and one for community lots. I have both, they don't conflict with each other.) Found in Hobbies > Everything for $1500.

http://modthesims.info/d/264464/scu...y-metallic.html
http://modthesims.info/d/219888/scu...-available.html

You mentioned Sunni from PBK, so I'm assuming you already have the wine-making station and the reeds crafting station. If not, I can give you the links for those if you like.
Field Researcher
#9400 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 7:24 PM
Okay, I thought of a new one. This is the wave of the future, you guys: Virtual Reality Sims. So you can walk around in the fabulous mansion you just built! All the VR games my son ever talks about are ones where everybody is trying to murder as many people as they can. I'm sure there's more potential there than just doing that.

After playing Sims 1 and thinking it was the be-all and end-all of cool . . . and then getting Sims 2 and having my poor naive head blown off by how much more sophisticated it was than it's predecessor, I remember discussing with my daughter about what Sims 3 would look like when they got that far. Or Sims 4! Gulp! She said, "They'll probably be holograms, walking around the house with us by then!" Um, apparently not.
Page 376 of 582