Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Apr 2009 at 3:54 PM
Default Next hands on event to be May 4th in London
If you live in the UK now yours chance to get picked.Hopefully a lot more info will come out of this too.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/...y-sims-3-a.html
Advertisement
#2 Old 23rd Apr 2009 at 8:14 PM
Wow, what lucky people I wonder if they will be having anthing like that near the LA/San Diego area anytime soon?
Instructor
#3 Old 24th Apr 2009 at 12:47 PM
I don't live in UK.

Is someone here, in this forum, live on UK and planning to visit the event?

If yes, Can I have some request to check about the needs and how smart the AI.

How do you feel about the needs? Will it always bother you when playing the game? Will you still need to fill all the needs bar meter to full before take a long journey or a long task? Or it just something that running in the background and we almost forget that ours sims has the needs bar too?

How smart the AI? How sims through the day without player interfere? Will he doing such random task (unreasonable/unrealistic), or organized very well that based on his traits, goal and favorites? Will he doing in a day something like a drama/story in TV, or he just standing/idle for hours and doing such boring thing like in TS2? Can sims take care his own needs very well, without player interfere? I hope our sims more active rather than idle for hours.

Thank you, if you want to check it for me.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 24th Apr 2009 at 7:18 PM
Yay I entered! But i think i have a very slim chance of winning./..
Forum Resident
#5 Old 24th Apr 2009 at 10:03 PM
Ah, I'd stand no chance in getting up to Manchester on a college day. Major suckage. Let's hope anyone who gets the chance makes good use of their time!
#6 Old 26th Apr 2009 at 3:22 PM
EA just release the damn thing and stop wasting time piddling about with these competitions.
If its ready, release it now.
Theorist
#7 Old 30th Apr 2009 at 8:16 PM
I wished stuff like this would happen in Canada! You lucky people lol.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 1st May 2009 at 10:43 AM
Interesting thing I just found in my email today...

"Hi Christine,

Congratulations! You are a winner in the EA competition for some hands on time with The Sims 3 on May 4th!"

:D

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Mad Poster
#9 Old 1st May 2009 at 10:53 AM
Yey, congratulations indeed! So, if you're going, can you check whether there still is the 2 tiles border around the lot that you can't build on?
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 1st May 2009 at 11:01 AM
Yep, I'll check that. Hopefully they'll allow reviews to be written so I can pass any information on.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

Theorist
#11 Old 1st May 2009 at 11:43 PM
Wow lucky! Make sure to tell us if the game still has lots of bugs or not
Field Researcher
#12 Old 4th May 2009 at 6:09 PM
Can't wait to read your review, SilentPsycho.
#13 Old 4th May 2009 at 6:40 PM
Most of the people who went did not get to play; they said they had problems only 3 installs with game per 3 computers

some talk about it at uk ea forums
Theorist
#14 Old 6th May 2009 at 7:21 PM
SilentPsycho's impressions can be read here, she says your sims can actually use counter corners now, leftovers are confirmed, and you get pop ups telling you exactly what sims are gossiping about! Pretty awesome. :D
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 6th May 2009 at 10:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kp313
Most of the people who went did not get to play; they said they had problems only 3 installs with game per 3 computers

some talk about it at uk ea forums

2 installs at the London event.

*baths at the attention people gives her.*