Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th May 2009 at 5:11 AM
Default will Sims 3 have a midnight release in the USA
what do you think and what have you heard?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 13th May 2009 at 5:33 AM
hope so, but doubt it
#3 Old 13th May 2009 at 5:44 AM
I keep looking and hoping but I haven't seen anything about it in stores. It will be released at midnight it if you get the digital download version from EA though.
Test Subject
#4 Old 13th May 2009 at 5:46 AM
thats cool, but is it better if you actually buy the disc?
#5 Old 13th May 2009 at 5:46 AM
I'm pretty sure GameStop would have had it on their site if they were doing it. But our local GameStops have never released any game at midnight. I wonder about 24 hour stores, though, like Wal-Mart. I think they'd be allowed to sell the game after midnight, but the problem is that most of their employees tend to be clueless about game releases in general and they might not want to get the game from the back for you.
#6 Old 13th May 2009 at 5:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by betterthanbarbiie
thats cool, but is it better if you actually buy the disc?

It all depends on if you want a physical copy in hand. I like to have that so I'm picking mine up in the morning at Best Buy. You also have to keep in mind that the digital download version will take quite a while to download depending on your connection speed.
Test Subject
#7 Old 13th May 2009 at 5:52 AM
thanks for the info, i think ill wait instead of spending 2 hrs downloading, i'd freak lol
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 13th May 2009 at 2:30 PM
Yeah, I have seen signs at my local Wal-Mart. I think you should be able to get it there at midnight. Usually they'll have a sign up at the entrance for a particular game that says the date and time available. I am going to make sure though. I would like the game as soon as I can get it. I have classes on June 2nd too. I won't have too much time to play.
Original Poster
#9 Old 13th May 2009 at 9:01 PM
well i pre (got my game) at best buy.