Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 5:20 AM
Default Good Fishing on Home Lots
My aspiring fisherman really needs some better places to fish in Riverbottom! I can't figure out how to create a pond that is specifically salt water, or how to get the "jumping fish" in a pond that I've created on a lot (public or private). I'd appreciate any clues on how to get more/better fish in my ponds (other than the "stock fish" thing).

That said... The one thing that did work to get "jumping fish" and something other than the usual goldfish/minnow/herring pond was this:

In "edit town" mode, select one of the pre-built public fishing lots.

Add a copy of it to your library.

Set the lot in the town (not in the library) from public to private lot.

Add a copy of this private lot to your library.

Select the public lot from your library, and place it back in the town where it used to be.

Select the private lot from the libary, and place it wherever you want, and move sims in. Build your house on it, and as long as you don't remove the water, you'll have the same fish as were in the lot when it was a public fishing lot.

Hope this helps somebody, and I hope somebody out there has an easier solution!!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 8:07 PM
I was curious about that. I'm still getting used to the whole water tool, it seems to sink the water level sometimes and requires a lot of fidgeting. I was just glad I was able to fish. ;D
Test Subject
#3 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 2:37 AM
Ya think we could put the pond wherever we want it by like, creating a new pond in the same lot and then removing the old one?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 6:58 PM
This is a excellent lot for fishing
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=347488

It was a community lot converted to residential. Comes complete with jumping rare fishies.
Test Subject
#5 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 7:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Natsunekko
My aspiring fisherman really needs some better places to fish in Riverbottom! I can't figure out how to create a pond that is specifically salt water, or how to get the "jumping fish" in a pond that I've created on a lot (public or private). I'd appreciate any clues on how to get more/better fish in my ponds (other than the "stock fish" thing).

That said... The one thing that did work to get "jumping fish" and something other than the usual goldfish/minnow/herring pond was this:

In "edit town" mode, select one of the pre-built public fishing lots.

Add a copy of it to your library.

Set the lot in the town (not in the library) from public to private lot.

Add a copy of this private lot to your library.

Select the public lot from your library, and place it back in the town where it used to be.

Select the private lot from the libary, and place it wherever you want, and move sims in. Build your house on it, and as long as you don't remove the water, you'll have the same fish as were in the lot when it was a public fishing lot.

Hope this helps somebody, and I hope somebody out there has an easier solution!!

you could always use these mods, one allows you to stock a pond with any fish...

http://integratedproxy.com/browse.p...A3Mw%3D%3D&b=29

Quote:
has the following mods in it

buy all fish at the store
call anytime
doorbellup*grade for faster upgrading/*changing of a doorbell
more money when moving out
more people you can invite at a party
faster option to stock a pond with new fish

i have a pond i my yard with every type of fish, lol....

Site Helper
#6 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 5:55 AM Last edited by Mootilda : 19th Jun 2009 at 5:56 PM.
It looks like the "jumping fish" are controlled by a hidden "Fishing Spawner" object. If you turn moveobjects on, you can pick it up and place it somewhere else on the lot, or clone it to create more areas with jumping fish.

Until someone finds a way to make this available in the build or buy menu, the only way to get jumping fish is to clone an existing fishing lot. There are several different objects, so be sure to clone a lot which has the spawner that you want. So far I've found:
Fishing Spawner Lake Rare
Fishing Spawner Deathfish / Graveyard

I'm sure that there are others for lake common and ocean.

ETA: unfortunately, it looks like the ocean fish spawners are neighborhood objects and there are no lots which have them.
Test Subject
#7 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 6:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
It looks like the "jumping fish" are controlled by a hidden "Fishing Spawner" object. If you turn moveobjects on, you can pick it up and place it somewhere else on the lot, or clone it to create more areas with jumping fish..

I need to move the "jumping fish" on a community lot I remodeled, but I can't find the hidden object. How can I find it, please? Thanks to any who answer.
Site Helper
#8 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 6:16 PM
Here's what I did to move the fish spawner:

moveobjects on
zoom in close to the area which has the fish
try to grab it with the hand tool

To duplicate the spawner, use the eyedropper tool instead of the hand tool.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#9 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 8:11 PM
There are lots of different spawners -- 15 numbered ones (that's the jumping fish I'm pretty sure), plus a few generic ones for what you catch when you just fish at arbitrary places in the water. What exact fish they spawn is tuneable, defined in "90142107481DE889_Fishing" in GameplayData.

I still have the original export (I tuned this for my game), would it be helpful if I post it? (I'm not sure if finding resources is still tedious nowadays, for people with current versions -- I have a quite old version of s3pe).

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#10 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 11:25 PM
Okay. One of my problems with this solution is that the fish stop jumping for long stretches.. which seems to coincide with the times I'm trying to move them! lol

Thank you for your reply. I'll just keep waiting until they jump and then I'll get them.. (and their little dog ToTo too..).

Thanks again.

Edited in:

One more quick question. I am working on a community project and I stocked a lake with all kinds of neat fish. When I uploaded it to the exchange, however, all those fish disappeared. Is there any way to stop this from happening?
Site Helper
#11 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 5:28 PM
Buyable fish spawners are now available:
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=358197