Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 2:16 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions
Default Coffee Cup Stuck on Hand
My sims have trouble making hot beverages - sometimes they do the action, and then the tray never appears, and sometimes they do make them, but then the cup gets stuck on their hand. I fix it using resetsim, and the coffee cup appears on the ground next to the sim. Is there a permanent way to fix this?
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 1:53 AM
Not that I know of but you can also use "moveobjects on" and remove the cup without resetting from what I heard I don't know what all resetsim resets...

I used to get stuff stuck to my sims all the time with sims 2.. lol Good luck to you!

Xts

(Quote) ~ "If it isn't one thing, it's going to be another. It is usually one thing. Oh man, is it a mother" (The Mother of All Things) - PB
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#3 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 6:03 AM
It sounds like a bit of a bug. You are doing the right thing by using the resetsim option. Deleting sims, using moveobjects on, does not work like it did in Sims2.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Test Subject
#4 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 6:09 AM
It surprises me that there isn't a plain ol coffeemaker in the game as well as that fancy one.
Inventor
#5 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 10:05 PM
Canoodle, I wasn't very clear with my statement.. My apologies. I meant to delete the coffee cup not the sim. LOL

I saw someone posted at the sims 3 about it.. They had something stuck to their male sim's chest & they deleted the object stuck to the chest.

Xts

(Quote) ~ "If it isn't one thing, it's going to be another. It is usually one thing. Oh man, is it a mother" (The Mother of All Things) - PB
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 4:22 PM
Can I add that I despise the TS3 hot beverages maker? The thought of strawberry chai latte with sprinkles makes me want to puke. I sure hope someone will make a regular coffee machine.