Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 9:07 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Default Problems with sims3pack downloads
Hello everybody! I hope this is the right section!
I have a problem: when I donwload some sims3 stuff I can't install them because it opens the file using SimPE (so the sims 2 format). Can you please help me?

thank you in advice and sorry 4 my english :P

big hugs

Ale

----------------->>My Creations<<-----------------

.:: Alessia ::.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 9:09 PM
Just right-click the file and hit "Open As...", you should be able to find the correct program.

However... SimPE can't open .sims3pack files. Are you sure these aren't (Sims 3) .package files? If so, you don't need to open them to install them anyway.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 9:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
Just right-click the file and hit "Open As...", you should be able to find the correct program.

However... SimPE can't open .sims3pack files. Are you sure these aren't (Sims 3) .package files? If so, you don't need to open them to install them anyway.

Helloooo! thank you so much! yeah I've got some problems with sims3 files, if you want I can link the files. It shows me the format as a "package" file and not as a "sims3pack" file it's strange :O ! I've tried to open it manually with the correct program but it doesn't work anyway so I don't know what to do

world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#4 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 9:17 PM
Both Sims 2 and Sims 3 use .package files.

However, their contents are not the same - same file type, different file insides. For Sims 3 .package files, you need to install them thusly: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...g_Package_Files

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 9:34 PM
I thank you so much for your help!!! :DDD

Test Subject
#6 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 11:11 AM
I still can't install it.
When I double click file .sim3pack, i can't open it. I did exactly like the page that you gave on the forum. Could you help me with that problem???
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#7 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 11:37 AM
What do you mean "I can't open it" - what happens or doesn't happen? When you double-click a sims3pack file, the Launcher should open to install it.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.