Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 5:28 AM
Default S3 Game Launcher
Has anyone found a way to get it to stop using IE. I use FireFox exclusively and just wondered if there is something I could change in the Launcher's files.
Advertisement
Eminence Grise
#2 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 5:33 AM
Do you have a reason to use the launcher at all? I bypass it with a shortcut to the .exe in the install directory. That and the NoIntro mod and starting the game is much faster.
Mother Function
retired moderator
#3 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 5:40 AM
Did you change Firefox to the default browser?

And I do what Srikandi does too

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 5:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daluved1
Did you change Firefox to the default browser?

And I do what Srikandi does too

The launcher is coded using controls that specifically communicate with IE. Changing your default browser does absolutely nothing.

Skipping the launcher + no intro mod is the way to go. Everything browser-related that the launcher displays is just the sims3.com stuff.
Mother Function
retired moderator
#5 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 5:46 AM
did not know that ^

But then again, I never use the launcher.

As a side question, in the game it has the option to "Open Launcher" while playing. Does that mean you can *add files while playing the game?

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 7:07 AM
I figured the launcher was just flash with an IE browser in it, I had hoped somehow it was otherwise.
Also, I actually use my EA account, got a legitimate copy and all so I thought it would be nice to use it. Not much useful stuff there, but the Launcher keeps me up-to-date (patched) and every now and then I see something I like.
Plus there's the up/download feature. Which I am making use of for a 'proof of concept' project since I don't know how to upload anything here.
Eminence Grise
#7 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 7:26 AM
Can't use the Exchange for anything that includes custom content (i.e. anything that isn't made just with in-game tools, including patterns). They filter it out.

I use the launcher to get the patch when I see one's out (once every three months IF WE'RE LUCKY, lol), and if there is anything online I want. Don't need it the rest of the time

If you're interested in uploading stuff here, it's under Create/Upload Items. There are strict guidelines, but if you follow them carefully it's a good place to share from Your stuff won't be lost like in the Exchange. But this site doesn't take anything that's just a recolor.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 7:34 AM
i plan to use it once i get into actually creating items for Sims 3 (like my Top Gear Studio) but for proving a pool can be built on the second floor it seemed like a waste
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#9 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 1:17 PM
This is not anything about modding discussion. Moving to Game Help.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.