Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Apr 2005 at 3:28 AM
Default Thumbnail/Graphics Problems
Hi, I've been having problems ever since I tried loading this game about a week and a half ago. I have tried exchanging the cd, so I'm not sure if there is a bundle of faulty cds or if it is my pc, but anyway...

The game loads perfectly fine, but once I get into the university, and I start creating my sims, their completed thumbnails show up as lines (they seem to be the correct thumbnail pictres only scrambled). So, I take my scrambled sims to college, where they claim a door and their pictures on the door is also scrambled. This also occurs with some of the objects in the buy menu (some, but not all).

I have absolutely no hacks or downloads. Please help!
Advertisement
Moderator of Aardvarks
#2 Old 6th Apr 2005 at 6:45 AM
Browse to My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Thumbnails and delete the contents of that folder. The game will recreate the thumbnails when you restart.
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Apr 2005 at 11:21 PM
Now the main screen of the Sim State University is weirding out - the graphics are crazy, and there are no walls or ceilings on any of the buildings (well, the few of the buildings that actually show up). I deleted the thumbnails in the file, though. Do I have to reinstall? I haven't gotten to play the game since I got it almost two weeks ago, so I have nothing valuable to lose.
Moderator of Aardvarks
#4 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 9:11 PM
Have you run the EasyInfo progam under Programs>EA Games in the Sart menu? This is sounding more like a graphics driver issue and EA will analyze your drivers to see if they are compatible.