Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 8:25 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2
Default Help with sc4 files...
I bought SC4 so I could make neighborhoods but when I create a hood and copy the file to Sims2, the roads disappear! I've tried various things but nothing works. The streets that I make in SC4 don't have sidewalks, if that's any help. Please help???

Thanks,

Slip

Smile so people will wonder what you're up to...
Advertisement
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#2 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 8:42 PM
I have not tried installing any external SC4 neighborhoods (even the one that Maxis had for download). Did you try installing that one? I believe it was called Ying/Yang or something like that.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 9:35 PM
No, daysies, I didn't know there was one. People have posted neighborhoods made with sc4 and I wish someone that has would see this. I don't want to PM anyone.

Thanks anyway...

Slip :weep:

Test Subject
#4 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 3:27 AM
There is only one type of road that can be exported from Sim City 4 to The Sims 2. Other type of roads will disappear when exported. (bridges on the other hand will just become a decorative once exported)

You have to you the standard road (can't remember what type it is called but it's the first type when you select the road icon).

What I can remember is Highways will be removed once exported to Sims 2.

Hope this helps.
retired moderator
#5 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 3:39 AM
Follow these rules and you should be Okay:

Select the smallest size of "city" to build your neighborhood.

Stay to the center of the land plot when building roads.

The only roads you can export is the very first one in the roads tool. Not avenues and not streets -- just roads.

As to bridges, the only one that can be exported is the small iron arch bridge.

I have Sim City 4 Deluxe.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 11:47 AM
Thanks Acescolar and Grapholina that's what I need to know!!! I also have Sim City 4 Deluxe. Well, I won't get any sleep tonight thanks to you guys!!!

Slip