Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 12:51 PM
Default Serious Lagging In Game
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem I am experiencing in Sims 3.
To be completely honest, I very bad with game technical info, graphics and all those mods and stuff that seem so confusing to me. I've been playing for quite some time now but it is pretty basic - I have some custom content but nothing too complicated (I hope you understand what I'm trying to say).

A week or so ago, I started experiencing some problems with starting the game and the black screen, installing sims3packs through the launcher and the occasional crashing while playing but I got all those things sorted out. But another problem turned up - my game lags like a loooot!
Everything seems normal during loading but when I start playing the actions my sims should be performing take forever. They can sit in front of the fridge for two hours before actually grabbing something to eat or stand in front of other sims for hours before completing a simple action like "chat". It is strange because the game isn't actually stuck or not responding - I can make them do other stuff but they seem to take forever to actually perform the actions.

Also, sometimes I seem to be experiencing problems with the game clock. Sometimes the time is stuck without the game being actually stuck - the sims continue to wait forever to perform their actions, I press pause followed by play and pause again, and the game clock jumps two or three hours ahead without any action being performed at all. I know that the game isn't stuck because I can see my sims just swinging their hands and stuff.

I've read somewhere that I can use nraas's Overwatch to delete homeless sims and abandoned cars. I did that but still no improvement in the lagging.

I would really appreciate if anyone can give me some tips on how to fix or at least minimise the problem.
Thank you very much in advance.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 1:13 PM
Have you added any new CC during that time, and if so, was it a Package file or a Sims 3 pack?
If it was a package file, is it actually turning up in the game?
It's easy to accidentally put package files from Sims 2 or Sims 4 into the game. They won't work, but they do cause a lot of lag while the game looks at them and thinks "Hey, I KNOW that I'm supposed to be able to understand this! Maybe if I try again?..." The Dashboard http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=387006 can look at your files and tell you if you have a Sim's 2 file in there. If it throws an error, it's a Sims 4 file, but it does tell you which file caused the error so it indirectly tells you about Sims 4 files. http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp...e/uploads/1551/ is a tutorial on how to interpret any "conflicts" that it detects. Some conflicts are a problem, while others are not a problem, or are even deliberate.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook