Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 5:31 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Werewolf memory being linked to object NPC
I know there's already a thread about hoodchecker and werewolf memories being arse, but it didn't quite answer my questions, and the issues listed there were between two proper sims, rather than a proper sim and an objects.package npc.

So, i'm in college with a couple of sims, one of them is a werewolf, and just out of annoyance i decide to savage the local cheerleader, Veronica Vijayakar, turning her into a werewolf. All goes well, she's a werewolf. I stop for the day, close, check hoodchecker, nothing out of the ordinary, go to sleep. Next day, play a few more hours with same college family. Stop, check hoodchecker, and this shows up;

Memories:
Owner and Subject are different: 0x02E4 Veronica Vijayakar: Became a Werewolf (Subject: 0x01B6 Father Time (NPC))

So immediately i do the rational thing, and freak the fuck out. I check SimPE for the memory in question, can't find it on neither Veronica nor Father time. In fact, I couldn't find any of the "Became werewolf" memories in SimPE at all.
https://i.imgur.com/NaKBrhd.png (Note, the "lost fight to fenrir" was done after i found the hoodchecker memory issue thing, and is not related to her being savaged by him.)
So i go in-game and i use the SimBlender to summon Veronica and make her selectable to view her memories, and lo and behold:
https://i.imgur.com/DmiV2CB.jpg

So what do i do? From my (very limited) understanding, the "became werewolf" memory has some issues with being re-created or something, and can often point to a random sim dependant on some ID number.
My question is then this; Is this a problem? The fact that this memory is pointing to an object NPC sounds problematic, but if it's not doing anything other than just pointing to him, is it a problem? Especially considering i can't remove the memory with SimPE...

I do have a very recent backup from the day before i found this issue, and i haven't played since i noticed it, apart from making her enemies of Fenrir Beaker and making them fight, just to check if those would pop up in SimPE. I could just reinstall and restore that backup and quickly get back about 2 hours worth of lost time, but i do want to get to the bottom of this problem, so that i can avoid it in the future.

Any help is appreciated.
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 6:11 PM
Memories are never really any problem - if you have memories that are wrong, it can be a sign of hood corruption but it's just as likely, if not more so, that they're just the game buggering it up. It does that ... a lot. Just delete the thing or edit it - whatever suits you best.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 6:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Memories are never really any problem - if you have memories that are wrong, it can be a sign of hood corruption but it's just as likely, if not more so, that they're just the game buggering it up. It does that ... a lot. Just delete the thing or edit it - whatever suits you best.

Yeah but that's the problem, I can't edit or delete it. It doesn't show up in SimPE.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 4:45 AM
Do you have creaturefixes?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 1:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Do you have creaturefixes?

I do, and i figured out what the memory was. It was listed only as a "---" in SimPE, which had the subject be father time. I changed it to be herself.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 1:30 PM
It's usually only custom memories that are ---.

Can't you delete it with Hood Checker - I thought you could do that (don't use it myself for memories)? Or did you want to keep it?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 5:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
It's usually only custom memories that are ---.

Can't you delete it with Hood Checker - I thought you could do that (don't use it myself for memories)? Or did you want to keep it?

Hoodchecker can remove memories normally, but for whatever reason it didn't want to remove this one. I went ahead and changed the memory so that it points to Veronica instead of Father Time.
Scholar
#8 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 6:32 PM
Hoodchecker should remove it if it can't fix it, I've no idea why it's not fixing this one but clearly it's not. Fixing it wont do any good for long though, the Lycanthropy Controller will re-add the memory with the wrong parameter for the subject every time the sim is changed back into an active werewolf. creaturefixes doesn't help, it overrides the faulty code with the same fault which makes it a bit harder to make a fix that doesn't conflict.
I have one here that'll stop the memory being given wrong and wont conflict with creaturefixes.
CJH_Werewolf-MemFix.zip (<1kb)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 23rd Apr 2018 at 11:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
Hoodchecker should remove it if it can't fix it, I've no idea why it's not fixing this one but clearly it's not. Fixing it wont do any good for long though, the Lycanthropy Controller will re-add the memory with the wrong parameter for the subject every time the sim is changed back into an active werewolf. creaturefixes doesn't help, it overrides the faulty code with the same fault which makes it a bit harder to make a fix that doesn't conflict.
I have one here that'll stop the memory being given wrong and wont conflict with creaturefixes.

Thanks, friend. Here's hoping my game is still fine, since this is the second time i'm trying to get started with TS2 again. (The first time Bella Goth tried networking me to Therapist. https://i.gyazo.com/c49202ade139327...1d05fdab844.png)
Mad Poster
#10 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 9:59 AM

@Chris Hatch

Will this hack work with the one here? https://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=219826

HCDU is throwing up a conflict for me.

*** POSSIBLE CONFLICT DETECTED ***
File Type: BHAV
Procedure Name: Interaction - Transform - To Werewolf
Group ID: 0x7FF86773
Instance ID: 0x00001002
Packages Containing This Procedure:
\downloads\CJH_Werewolf-MemFix.package
\downloads\Hacks Finished\LBFControllycanthropy(3dayaweek-nopersonalitychange)).package
Scholar
#11 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 4:36 PM
No, they are incompatible and load order won't help. You can only use one or the other.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 3:17 AM
Ok, thanks.
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 11:42 AM
No, they are incompatible and load order won't help. You can only use one or the other.

@Chris Hatch

How about your werewolf memory mod and WerewolfNoChange by Squinge?

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.