Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th May 2018 at 11:42 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default I can't change the screen size
I recently opened up Sims 2 after being away for about a year and a half. The screen size is completely wrong, and I can't change it. Under the graphics options, there is only one option for screen size. In the past, there have been several. How do I get these options back? Other options like free will are grayed out and won't let me do anything with them either, but I'm really only interested in changing the screen size. Help!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th May 2018 at 12:30 AM
Your game isn't recognizing your video card, I suspect. Check the settings in your video card, and try to reboot.
You might have to update your drivers,as well.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Scholar
#3 Old 20th May 2018 at 1:12 AM
I had the same issue with my game when I installed on W10. The game didn't recognize my graphics card and I needed to update the graphics rules file.

Thankfully, I was able to download what I needed from here, and followed the instructions. Just pick the correct download for your personal set-up, install in the correct place and that should fix the screen size issue.

As for Free Will, I thought it was greyed out in Neighbourhood view anyway, like Shadows are... have you checked it's available when you've loaded a family?

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th May 2018 at 1:59 AM
I haven't checked if it's available after I've loaded a family, but I'll take a look at the graphics card thing. Thanks!