Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 7:17 PM Last edited by lientebollemeis : 3rd Aug 2018 at 8:35 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Moving lots and sims (and graves) to another subhood
I have the Genderswapped subhood of Pleasantview I love to play. Now I want to add the regular Pleasantview as a subhood (found at MM2TR), but that's not possible as both the subhoods have the same name.
So I put all the Genderswapped Pleasantview sims in the family bin, removed Genderswapped Pleasantview and added the original Pleasantview and then I put the Genderswapped Goth familh into the original Goth family and that worked without a problem.

Now I want to do the same, but this time I want to move both the sims and the lots of Genderswapped Pleasantview to Original Pleasantview.

But eg the Goth house contains graves.
I thought putting those graves into Morticia's inventory, then move the family to the family bin and then move the lot to the lot bin. Delete the Genderswapped Pleasantview, add the original Pleasantview and then put the Goth house into the hood, move the family into the hood and put the graves from Morticia's inventory onto the lot again.

Would/could that cause a problem or corruption if I do this that way?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 7:24 PM
Not if you do it all promptly. If Morticia were to die with the graves in inventory, or if you ran the hoodchecker with them there, that could cause problems. And of course if the game crashed in the middle of the operation, all bets are off. People move graves in this manner all the time with no problems.

Always back up the neighborhood before doing anything of this sort in case of accidents.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 8:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Not if you do it all promptly. If Morticia were to die with the graves in inventory, or if you ran the hoodchecker with them there, that could cause problems. And of course if the game crashed in the middle of the operation, all bets are off. People move graves in this manner all the time with no problems.

Always back up the neighborhood before doing anything of this sort in case of accidents.

I am doing it promptly I even haven't started playing yet.
Thanks now I know what to do.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)