Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Oct 2018 at 4:37 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Uni Glitch? No more diplomas?
Hi there I've finally got my sim graduated and guess what... no diploma. So I sent her back to uni to major in another field... she graduated, no diploma. Is this a glitch, a known bug or is it my game? Help !

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 14th Oct 2018 at 5:57 AM
I would say it's a known occasional glitch with the often too fussy graduation ceremony at The Annex, which would take place early afternoon on the final Saturday of the term in which your sim accumulated enough credits to be finished with a degree program. I don't even bother with the ceremony most of the time and let my sims relax that final day there until it's time to go home unless I'm strictly after the photo opps. The speeches are boring and I've heard them all before.

In theory, the diploma and its benefits should arrive in the mail soon after that but that's been known to fail as well.

NRaas DebugEnabler has a command that I use once they are back home to grant a degree to a sim who has earned one but has not received it yet at the grade point average they should have; it causes the sim to spin into their graduation robes (which looks silly for a moment) and they get all of the benefits of the degree that they would get if they received it at the graduation ceremony back in Uni World. Technically it's cheating, but I'm only "cheating" to give the sims what they should rightfully already have.

On the sim, NRaas > DE > Options:Sim (or Smartphone) > Academic Degrees
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Oct 2018 at 6:58 PM
OK thanks for answering back Was wondering if I had to uninstall and reinstall

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥