Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Nov 2009 at 12:27 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Default The patch messed up my game really bad :( Help!
So!

I was stupid and installed the patch without removing my CC. It messed my game up so bad that I ended up taking out all my CC, uninstalling Sims 3, and reinstalling it from the disc.

Even though it's been reinstalled fresh, it had all my old families in the little family bin (?) So, I tried placing them into houses in Riverview. FREEZE! Had to Ctrl+Alt+Dlt.

Okay, this time I tried making a girl and putting her onto an empty lot. That worked fine, so I started building a house for her. As soon as I'm adding a bathroom door, it freezes so bad I had to hold down the off button to my laptop.

I know it isn't my computer being crappy - it's pretty much brand new, and I customized it for graphics work, plus before this damn update my Sims 3 worked just fine.

I know it isn't the CC. I have tried removing all of it, some of it, etc.

Another weird thing about all this is that when I do load the game, even after the fresh install, it loads SO SLOW, so much slower than before, I don't get it.

I should also mention that I haven't bought WA yet, so this is just the update on my base game.

What do you think is going on?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 20th Nov 2009 at 12:32 AM
My loading times were rediculous as well, and I have a machine that can handle it, the only fix I found was just saving the game, and then get rid of most of my CC, most ecspecially core mods, and I also got rid of many things I didn't use. After that it was fine. Your situation may be totally different from mine, in fact it probably is.. But the only thing I could suggest is maybe not updating until the patches are fixed.

Facebook! | Find more of my stuff at my blog! | Tumblr | Donate
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Nov 2009 at 12:53 AM
My Specs! In case anyone wants to know.

==System==

* Operating System- Vista Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002)
* System Manufacturer - Sony Corp
* System Model - VGN-FW3903
* Processor: - Intel Core 2 Duo CPU t9550 @2.66GHz (2 CPUs) ~2.7GHz
* Memory: - 4062MB RAM
* Page File: 2116MB used, 6221MB available
* DirectX Version: DirectX 11

==Display==

* Name: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650
* Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
* Chip Type: ATI Radeon Graphics Processor (0x9591)
* Approx. Total Memory: 2282 MB

* Main Driver: atidxx32,atidxx64.dll,atiumdag,atium
* Version: 7.15.0010.0127

==Sound==

* Name: Speaker/HP (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Nov 2009 at 1:53 AM
I updated my graphics driver just now, and restarted my game -- and it hasn't freezed yet!!

I might slowly move back over some of my mods but we'll see how this goes.

I will update again if more problems arise.