Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Aug 2007 at 12:53 AM
Default Making a career
I am having a few troubles. I finished my very first career. But the job title is "servant"

how can i change that.
all the job level names are correct. like CEO and all that.

but when i get the job off of the computer, it says its the "servant" career. And it also starts as Web Developer when it should start as Hacker.
I followed the tutorial on here. I posted there, but I need help sooner, seeing as I am killing to make more careers. I mean yeah, I takes long but it is fun!

So any help would be appreciated.
Also if you could give me some tips

Thanks.

- Luke
Advertisement
The ModFather
retired moderator
#2 Old 14th Aug 2007 at 2:16 PM
As far as I know, the career name is stored in the Catalog Description (CTSS) file.
Mind that the Catalog Description is a multi-language file: a common mistake is to edit only one language, thus leaving the old name for the other languages.

I suggest to put the selector to US English, edit the name, and then click "Default Language Only": this way, the new name will be used for all the languages (you can then manually add any translation you like, in the proper language field).

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.