Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 3:06 PM
Default feedback & testing wanted for my first bodyshop mesh- lolita outfit
Hello! I'm new to meshing, in fact, this is my first try. So, I would like it if anybody could give me feedback/concrit on this!

So this was a pretty simple project, just altering the H&M pack afbodypolkadotminidress into a lolita one piece dress outfit.
The polycount is 2076, it shows under adult - female - everyday/formal.

one issue is that with any big-skirted mesh, some clipping occurs when sitting etc, like so:

unfortunately this is an issue I've encountered with every lolita outfit I've downloaded, my approach to the problem was to texture the bottom of the skirt to mimic the frills of a petticoat. a lot of the lolita clothing I've downloaded has had a 'hollow' skirt with bloomers underneath, which always seemed so unnatural to me, as I wear lolita myself, and the petticoat is possibly the most essential piece in any outfit.

I've textured it in 'old school' style, this sample is the classic black x white color combo. the final textures will be in several colours and styles, and later I may make some textures in more modern styles, with border prints etc, kinda like this one from innocent world. But obviously art work for these textures could take a long time. I'm also interested in converting them for teen.

My next projects will be into exploring meshing for various kinds of kimono outfits, but I'm not sure how that'll go because of my inexperience. I also would like to try object meshing!
Please let me know any feedback and advice you may have. If you'd rather not give it publicly on this thread, feel free to send me a message instead!
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  testing packages.zip (289.7 KB, 8 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 4:07 PM
Um .... I would like this outfit as is. Nice! And yes .... The clipping is extremely common in full skirts like these.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.