Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th May 2013 at 12:00 AM
Default If you could see one new hero added what would it be?
I personally would like to see some sort of farmer added. Nothing screams medieval like a dirty peasant toiling away in a field. I can envision all kinds of neat quests and jobs that would relate to such a hero type. What are your thoughts?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 9th May 2013 at 6:55 PM
Probably a Ranger, who could use a bow and arrow!
Instructor
#3 Old 9th May 2013 at 10:25 PM
I like the Ranger idea. I personally thought Robin Hood, but a Ranger would meet my Robin Hood thought.

Not really a "hero", but I'd love to have dragons. I know I ruined the horses thread with impossibility, but if all things were possible, I'd love dragons.

How about a baker? Recipies are there already. Your sim could buy food instead of having to prepare it.

Inquisitor, could be interesting.

Alchemist, I guess this is similar to/or covered by the wizard.

An adult mod could add prostitute. Would be sweet.

I don't know much about adding a profession, but I may look into it when I can.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 10th May 2013 at 12:14 AM
Farmer? Baker? You guys have funny definitions of heroes XD

I don't know, I'd say Assassin but the Spy pretty much covers that... sort of... well not really... but, still...

Perhaps Mercenary? Someone that waves a sword for a living but doesn't answer to the crown?

I don't know, what I'd really add is a legit way to make more heroes of the existing types.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 10th May 2013 at 2:39 AM
A hunter or scout? Maybe a falconer?
Instructor
#6 Old 10th May 2013 at 4:01 AM
If left without food who would your hero be?

I take hero, in TSM, as a playable character. Otherwise I want a deities' prophet. One that can mod the game code real time. Maybe Father Time that could add aging to all sims.
Space Pony
#7 Old 10th May 2013 at 4:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DarthKitsune
Probably a Ranger, who could use a bow and arrow!

Quote: Originally posted by Lerf1950
A hunter or scout? Maybe a falconer?

I see people who actually play MMORPGs besides myself are on these forums as well

I'd say monk... no not Priests in the Jacoban or Peteran sense. What I'm trying to say are Kung Fu skill master Shaolin monks who kick butt.
Instructor
#8 Old 10th May 2013 at 6:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grimreefer24601
I like the Ranger idea. I personally thought Robin Hood, but a Ranger would meet my Robin Hood thought.

Not really a "hero", but I'd love to have dragons. I know I ruined the horses thread with impossibility, but if all things were possible, I'd love dragons.

How about a baker? Recipies are there already. Your sim could buy food instead of having to prepare it.

Inquisitor, could be interesting.

Alchemist, I guess this is similar to/or covered by the wizard.

An adult mod could add prostitute. Would be sweet.

I don't know much about adding a profession, but I may look into it when I can.

Thanks to your mod, I give a random man the title of Cunning Linguist, and all my hero's get 'lessons' from him, lolz!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 10th May 2013 at 7:11 PM Last edited by ladyskye : 10th May 2013 at 7:25 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by LordUrban
I personally would like to see some sort of farmer added. Nothing screams medieval like a dirty peasant toiling away in a field. I can envision all kinds of neat quests and jobs that would relate to such a hero type. What are your thoughts?

I'll try this again. Yes, Hero adds up to playable character. Favored would be a farmer. How about Miller since there's already a mill (why was a miller never made when you have to purchase a working mill)? Falconer with a mews. Keeper of the Horse with HORSES (since we're really dreaming because EA is done with this game and didn't give us what we asked for when they made P&N). Rangers and Yoemen who can actually shoot arrows from their bows. Functioning assistants and squires that are actually useful. An Alchemist who is different from the Wizard since an alchemist is a scientist and inventor. A Judge for the Queen's Bench. An actual Assassin, not a spy that kills people. A DRAGON which you can choose for good or ill purposes. Here's a thought, how about Ship Master, since there's a semi functioning ship and dock. Ambassador would work. So many wishes, (deeply felt sigh) so much wasted potential. The list goes on and on and on. Good thing we have great modders to keep the game alive since EA doesn't give a crap.

I like playing The Sims. I don't like to be played like a Sim.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 10th May 2013 at 11:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CRV13
I'd say monk... no not Priests in the Jacoban or Peteran sense. What I'm trying to say are Kung Fu skill master Shaolin monks who kick butt.

I think that's a Ninja. Monks are just priests that stand around and do nothin... ehem, I meant meditate, they meditate.

Ninja does sound cool, out of place but cool.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 11th May 2013 at 4:19 AM
Druids? I mean there's already a "Druidess" in the game.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 11th May 2013 at 5:29 AM Last edited by ladyskye : 11th May 2013 at 6:02 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Lerf1950
Druids? I mean there's already a "Druidess" in the game.

Yep, there is. But we're talking playable characters not NPCs. There's also farmers, and holy people and pig boys and goose girls. But they don't do anything. They're just there. I can name a character Doadick the Sucker of Pig Blubber but, like the title 'Druidess' it will mean absolutely nothing and will be another do-nothing-but-get-in-the-way-at-the-worst-possible-moment NPC.

I like playing The Sims. I don't like to be played like a Sim.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 11th May 2013 at 3:14 PM
I meant a playable druid character, but never mind.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 11th May 2013 at 3:47 PM
I think a huntsmen/ranger character would be fun as well. I just can't think of much they would be able to do that wouldn't involve them going into a rabbit hole.

I would also like to see the executioner and or constable is playable characters. Throwing people in a dungeon and serving them up some gruel with rat bits would be good for a laugh. Not to mention extracting confessions and making sure there is a steady supply of rotten fruit and eggs to throw at prisoners in the stocks.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 15th May 2013 at 7:44 AM
I'm not sure if one might call this character a new hero, though some might, but I would love it if when the Monarch got married the spouse could act in the same capacities as they would in real life situations, as a Queen consort, or Prince/Duke might. I just had one of the servants marry my Monarch, but act like a queen she does not. I catch her sweeping the floors, and making the beds all the time. Once when the king married the guard in the forest, she continued to do her job wearing the royal gown she was dressed in during the wedding! Back then though I was not using a mod where the soldier outfits were available.
It sure would be more fun though, if the consort who married the Monarch could also sit on her own throne.

Oh yeah, and the sim who requests funds to open a candy shop, REALLY gets to open a candy shop!

Quote:
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 16th May 2013 at 10:18 AM
Spanish inquistor, warlord or dragon/monster slayer. They would fit in to the time period of the game and the fantasy elements.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Space Pony
#17 Old 16th May 2013 at 12:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JackieSmith
I think that's a Ninja. Monks are just priests that stand around and do nothin... ehem, I meant meditate, they meditate.

Ninja does sound cool, out of place but cool.

Ninjas.... as in the ones from Naruto perhaps?

Jesus you're such a weeaboo :P

Ninjas ain't got nothin' on Shaolin (Tibetan) Monks :P

Sure ninjas are masters of stealth.... AND FYI, Chakra manipulation ISN'T something invented in Japan (ergo your idea of a ninja), it was a concept invented by the Chinese.
Test Subject
#18 Old 18th May 2013 at 2:09 AM
A Grim Reaper...not the The Grim Reaper but a Grim Reaper that works for Death and the Watcher. S/he would live in a statue at the Cave/Graveyard. the Statue he lives in would be small, but when zoomed in would have a room for S/he to live in and decorate.

The quest he/she would do would involve S/he trying to save the heroes from being killed before it is there time to die, S/he would also take some kind of divine quests from Death and the Watcher.

Daily responsibilities S/he would mark Sims around the kingdom for death, S/he would also make Death Flowers for some Sims giving them a second chance, S/he would also stop a unexpected death from happening.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 18th May 2013 at 8:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CRV13
Ninjas.... as in the ones from Naruto perhaps?

Jesus you're such a weeaboo :P

Ninjas ain't got nothin' on Shaolin (Tibetan) Monks :P

Sure ninjas are masters of stealth.... AND FYI, Chakra manipulation ISN'T something invented in Japan (ergo your idea of a ninja), it was a concept invented by the Chinese.

I have no idea what any of that means. I just like ninja's This is a ninja:

Yep.
Test Subject
#20 Old 19th May 2013 at 10:56 AM
Jacoban inquistor, a warlord or dragon/monster slayer.
A horsemaster for workings stables and horses of cause.
They would fit in to the time period of the game and the fantasy elements.
Though some might, but I would love it if when the Monarch got married the spouse could act in the same capacities as they would in real life situations, as a Queen consort, or Prince/Duke might. I just had one of the servants marry my Monarch, but act like a queen she does not. I catch her sweeping the floors, and making the beds all the time. Once when the king married the guard in the forest, she continued to do her job wearing the royal gown she was dressed in during the wedding! Back then though I was not using a mod where the soldier outfits were available.
It sure would be more fun though, if the consort who married the Monarch could also sit on her own throne.

Space Pony
#21 Old 19th May 2013 at 9:28 PM
I have no idea what any of that means. I just like ninja's This is a ninja

Yep.

That is pretty obvious.

See before the whole Anime fad came along that introduced elements of Japanese culture to the rest of the world, the majority of the world only knew of Chinese culture primarily from Kung Fu movies brought mainly from Hongkong or Taiwan as being "iconic" Asian culture.

As a great example of what kind of monk I'm talking about here's a brief clip from "Legend Of the Red Dragon".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V49uQIVyRdU

Now let's see a ninja top that awesomeness.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 20th May 2013 at 12:36 AM
Field Researcher
#23 Old 24th May 2013 at 6:12 AM
This is especially for Tvhog, since he mentioned the Grim Reaper. Just the other day in a game session I had my bard getting ready to serve a drink at the cask, it was also a reckless moment, and I was playing 3 sims at the time...the bard, the blacksmith, and the doctor. It was only my bard's quest, but I am a bit emotional concerning my sims, so when one looks to be in some kind of need, I'll shift click on them and have them involved in that quest occurring, and can't let them go for long, as their responsibilities will still be added in that quest even if I have released them before the repo's pop up, and when I have not clicked them back to join the quest again, they fail the repo's and get really low in their focus, but during this quest, my blacksmith just having been created in this ambition, though he is one of my regular sims in most ambitions, had made an act of chivalry in most people's minds, by brawling with Tredony's leader, for verbally abusing a female, he whooped him, but later there was a glitch on the operating table, where he got up eith his nightshirt on, and sims laughed at him, non controllable sims that is, and not much after this, they began booing him, it was a nightmare for anyone if it had been a real life situation, and as I checked each sim who were not mine, but controlled by the game, to see their thoughts and situations by controlling them in a paused mode, I came to see that they were booing him outrageously so, due to his fighting the leader of Tredony, who was a total jerk, then as I went along in the game, it occurred to me, that the situations of booing could be transferred from sim to sim through gossip, though not in words viewed in a balloon, but simply by the game program...anyway, that's not a big deal, I just wanted to give you a bit of the story, so as you might fully grasp the humor in what happened later in that quest regarding the Grim Reaper.
As I so adore my sims, I was sad at the unfairness of my blacksmith Qyal Quartz being so dang maltreated, when he was honoring the woman who had been abused, so the bard, Qyal, and my doc teamed up together to do these horrible sims in with Reaper's Scythe in the Tavern...bad thing was, the worst of these Sims was the bards cousin, so could not kill this sim as she was a part of the quest, but at this time, they had already killed about 10 sims, and it kept on, I tell you one after another NPC kept coming into the Tavern, and not 20 seconds would pass before they started hissing and booing Qyal, and we did not even know them...I was LIVID, but no coward is he, but tired we were of committing sim murder as it did not look to be coming to an end anytime soon, and so you realize, the Grim Reaper was there for so long, collecting one dead sim after another, it came to where he never truly left the bar, he was just popping up immediately after boring into the ground, without pause, except for those I made myself manually, for a breath and a sigh. And what do you know? The Grim Reaper must have been exhausted himself after all the trips to hell and back he made, that on the last visit to the cask to serve not a tainted drink, but a real drink to boost their focus, who shows up in the sim list to serve a drink to but the Grim Reaper! I LMAO so hard I almost cried! Naw, he didn't take the drink...LOL He probably didn't trust us by that time!
I clicked to control the Priest that marries the sims once trying to get him to eat a bowl of food a sim had made, as according to his stats, he was hungry, but he paid no attention to the command, and up into sim sky heaven he went. But it was a blast trying.

Take Care, Xeny

Quote:
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.
Space Pony
#24 Old 24th May 2013 at 7:30 AM
Challenge accepted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vB5O_Q0ou0E

That wasn't even the least bit entertaining :P

Plus ninjas always wearing masks to hide their true identities is so lame :P
Scholar
#25 Old 24th May 2013 at 11:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Xeny
....I came to see that they were booing him outrageously so, due to his fighting the leader of Tredony, who was a total jerk, then as I went along in the game, it occurred to me, that the situations of booing could be transferred from sim to sim through gossip, though not in words viewed in a balloon, but simply by the game program...

Grim and I are working on a gossip mod just now that works with fatal flaws and legendary traits, so far I have 810 strings for it, (30 entries for each trait) and Grim has found the code for event gossip, we're testing that part of it just now with drunk sims and fishing sims but brawling sims would be a good one to have. It works with text though on a controlled sim, I don't recall seeing a change in thought bubble on a non-controlled gossiping sim and don't know if that would be possible.

Lol at the reaper refusing the drink =D You can try and hit him with Grim's death spell as well, but he goes before the spell comes off, probably just as well.
Page 1 of 2