Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#26 Old 26th May 2016 at 8:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Surei
Knowing your program's capabilities comes with experience with that program. I was able to get my stuff into the game because I knew my way around blender. The good thing about milkshape is that has tons of import/export options, should you choose to use other programs.

In what way are you asking?

Yes, most 3D modelers do.

Depends on the object. Example: I start skirts with a circle, pants with cylinders, planes for shoes. Sometimes I start with a vertex.

Where everybody else gets models? (Not sure what you're asking) Blender has plenty of import/export options as well should I choose to use premade models.

Knots are usually made using texture or mesh.

Right. *Duh, slams face*

Okay, but not the knot itself, the texture of everything before it. For example:
http://img02.deviantart.net/3d6c/i/...ver-d2xj9ys.jpg

The top part of the head in one ''direction'', then the rest falls down.
To make that difference, would it depend on the texture or UV map?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 27th May 2016 at 10:12 PM
It depends on how the mesh is made. The mesh determines the UVs, and the UVs determines how the texture is laid down. If you have a particular texture you want to use, you have to plan ahead for it.

If the part of the hair you're talking about is made with one continuous piece then it will rely mostly on the texture. If made with hair strips then a simple texture can be used while relying hair strips for the appearance.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#28 Old 28th May 2016 at 10:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Surei
It depends on how the mesh is made. The mesh determines the UVs, and the UVs determines how the texture is laid down. If you have a particular texture you want to use, you have to plan ahead for it.

If the part of the hair you're talking about is made with one continuous piece then it will rely mostly on the texture. If made with hair strips then a simple texture can be used while relying hair strips for the appearance.

Alright. Perfect, thanks
Page 2 of 2