Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 10:33 PM
Exporting sims (Ripping) for use in other games?
Hello, i have found a few mods for Grand Theft Auto, where people have taken sims 4 sims and put them in the game. Now im not new to modding sims, but i am (some what) to GTA! I have looked everywhere on what tools to use and how to extract the sim.. I know what kind of files i need to have and all of that but i dont know how to get the sim from the Tray folder file, transferred to the .txd, .dff format required to put them in GTA! lm hoping anyone can give me an idea or tutorial headed in the direction im going. My end goal is to replace all pedestrians and actors with sims! Both for more realistic models and more customization.. My over all plan is quite alot for one person to do, but im fine with that. I plan to almost create a completely new game using all 3 original gta cities, with the sims 4 sims as a substitute to create more distinguished gangs, and girlfriends, ect etc.. any help is greatly appreciated!

Im travis tremonti on tso no longer travis b and live in bf im gf of tremonti mafia : )
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 11:05 AM
Have you asked the GTA modders how they did it?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 8:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Have you asked the GTA modders how they did it?

Yepp.. althought they claim its very easily done.. they cant seem to tell me how? I had planned to used Blender to do most of it, but i cant get the GTA Plugins to work!!! That's clearly not a topic for this site though.

Im travis tremonti on tso no longer travis b and live in bf im gf of tremonti mafia : )
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#4 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 12:39 PM
It must be pretty complicated because you'd have to do something like exporting a GTA character, then a Sim (and I have no idea where the basic body meshes are kept, let alone a fully customised face) and then assign or rename bones to the ones named as needed for GTA - affixing the sim mesh to the one you exported from GTA then discard the GTA skin and reimport to GTA. I wouldn't like to do it

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)