Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 11:35 PM
Default Clean installer says older version is present though no files exist
Hi there I just recently got the sims 2 working again and wanted to add a few mods that seem pretty cool however when I installed the tool calls Sims2Pack Clean Installer it shows an error message saying "A previous version of Sims2Pack Clean Installer You have to uninstall older version first! Do you want to now?" with the options yes or no I clicked yes and nothing happens a few minutes later I pops up with windows asking if the program worked correctly after that nothing
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 29th Mar 2015 at 4:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ryed
Hi there I just recently got the sims 2 working again and wanted to add a few mods that seem pretty cool however when I installed the tool calls Sims2Pack Clean Installer it shows an error message saying "A previous version of Sims2Pack Clean Installer You have to uninstall older version first! Do you want to now?" with the options yes or no I clicked yes and nothing happens a few minutes later I pops up with windows asking if the program worked correctly after that nothing

Okay, first things first. Get CCleaner. Uninstall it by using this and any files associated with the program, not your downloads that you will be using in your game, but just the program itself and the uninstall files and anything like that. Then download it again, but do a manual install. If it still doesn't work. Then uninstall again. Look for any files on your computer associated with it, try to remove them, if you can't then go to the tool tab in ccleaner, and add the file to include it when it analizes it. Then you will be able to remove it. Once again, try a manual install. See if that works, and let me know. :D