Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Nov 2017 at 10:17 PM
Default Future Content Prediction Thread
After the shocking revelations about the soon to be released Cats & Dogs expansion pack, I figured we could have some fun and make some future content predictions, on jest. I would fun to see which come true.

Choose a pack type, a pack size, make a prediction about what it may (or may not) contain, and an explanation as to why. Using hindsight as an example: “A Pets expansion pack without actual pet beds, because the team found it hard to think of multiple pet bed designs.”

Post as few or as many as you’d like! Most importantly, have fun. :D

I’ll start:

A University game pack without dorms, since paying college dorms are so expensive, and students can always live at home.

A Seasons game pack where weather only happens in one town because the team found it difficult to reconstruct worlds without damaging save files.

A vacation game pack that turns the home lot into a B&B for other Sims to visit rather than having a full hotel because telemetry has shown a steep decline in player vacations since 2015 and the team doesn’t want to create content players won’t use.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 7th Nov 2017 at 5:13 AM
Dog and cat themed desks, chairs, computers, bookcases, shelves, pianos, guitars, beds, end tables, toilets, sinks, mirrors, chess tables, workout equipment, curtains
Seasons themed desks, chairs, computers, bookcases, shelves, pianos, guitars, beds, end tables, toilets, sinks, mirrors, chess tables, workout equipment, curtains
Field Researcher
#3 Old 7th Nov 2017 at 6:37 AM
Cars will come in a stuff pack but will not have any animations. Will be like the boat and sims will cut to the loading screen as they approach the car.

Seasons will come without festivals for each season and weather restricted in some form to individual worlds or be split into a season per game pack.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 7th Nov 2017 at 2:40 PM
Seasons. Other than that, a pretty random pack that isn't similar to what we had in the past or only a fraction that doesn't add much to it or illogically indenpentedm, like in a sense of Showtime.
Test Subject
#5 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 4:07 AM
I dunno, I guess I'd want to see more emotions and some serious effects like depression that come emotionally. We already have death by laughter or mortification or something else, so why not depression? Or is it too depressing?
Theorist
#6 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 5:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kiwi the Alien
I dunno, I guess I'd want to see more emotions and some serious effects like depression that come emotionally. We already have death by laughter or mortification or something else, so why not depression? Or is it too depressing?

.-. thanks for playing along. This thread is supposed to be snarky commentary about how we assume they'e eff something up.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 7:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
After the shocking revelations about the soon to be released Cats & Dogs expansion pack, I figured we could have some fun and make some future content predictions, on jest. I would fun to see which come true.

Choose a pack type, a pack size, make a prediction about what it may (or may not) contain, and an explanation as to why. Using hindsight as an example: “A Pets expansion pack without actual pet beds, because the team found it hard to think of multiple pet bed designs.”

Post as few or as many as you’d like! Most importantly, have fun. :D

I’ll start:

A University game pack without dorms, since paying college dorms are so expensive, and students can always live at home.

That awkward moment when I actually graduated from a university without dorm lol. To be fair, its a uni right in the middle of the city, even lo-mid income city folks doesnt live there.
Theorist
#8 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 9:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by emino
That awkward moment when I actually graduated from a university without dorm lol. To be fair, its a uni right in the middle of the city, even lo-mid income city folks doesnt live there.

Oh, are you one of those people who thinks a feature shouldn't be included for other people just because you don't want it or won't use it?
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 10:05 AM Last edited by emino : 11th Nov 2017 at 10:44 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
Oh, are you one of those people who thinks a feature shouldn't be included for other people just because you don't want it or won't use it?

Stop putting words into my mouth. I did not say that. I was merely commenting on the coincidence.
So are you one of the judgmental people who jumped the gun based on one simple statement?
Theorist
#10 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 10:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by emino
Stop putting words into my mouth. I did not say that. I was merely commenting on the coincidence.
So are you one of the judgmental people who jumped the gun based on one simple statement?

I jumped no guns, I know earlier you were praising the lack of pet control, something I both want and NEED in order to play the new pack. You are actively against player choice and prefer features you don't want personally to be cut instead of letting the players decide what to use and what not to use.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 11:24 AM
I jumped no guns, I know earlier you were praising the lack of pet control, something I both want and NEED in order to play the new pack. You are actively against player choice and prefer features you don't want personally to be cut instead of letting the players decide what to use and what not to use.

Again, you're putting words into my mouth. I never once praising the lack of pet control. Quote me, please. Please.

And I am NEVER against choices. Choices are always good. Looks like not only you jump the gun, you even went ahead and put bullets in it and pull the trigger.

Apparently not being all dopey and mopey and sarcastic and all negative about the upcoming expansion gets you bad reps around here. lol
Theorist
#12 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 11:47 AM
Well, it's kinda like when people go on strike, so the company goes out and hires a bunch of scabs to work for them so keep the business running.

A lot of people are refusing to buy the pack on principle and when they see others throwing their money at, and supporting a company that has continuously disappointed all of us and refuses to meet our needs and demands, yes, they're going to get angry.
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 12:00 PM
Well, it's kinda like when people go on strike, so the company goes out and hires a bunch of scabs to work for them so keep the business running.

A lot of people are refusing to buy the pack on principle and when they see others throwing their money at, and supporting a company that has continuously disappointed all of us and refuses to meet our needs and demands, yes, they're going to get angry.

I get you're angry, but YOU dont get to tell me how I want to spend my hard earned money. You're disappointing at me? Funny I could say the same to you, I thought people here are mature enough to accept difference in opinion.

Pft. Principles? What principles? Right now you're just throwing shade and holier than thou attitude at me. Get off that high horse already.

No, I am not boycotting a pack I've been excited about as I love playing with cats and dogs in the past sims games. And I am happy I bought it. I've had a lot of fun with it for the past few days. And with Sims 4, I learn to accept it if it passed my minimum expectation and it does. And I believe they will update the game and fix things later if there's enough buyers expressing their concerns. They said we were never gonna get pools, toddlers. We did get them in the end. So yeah. I am giving them a chance.

I am still waiting for that quote on your claims that I am "praising" the lack of pet control. Come on. Produce the quote where I said I am OK with pets not being selectable.

P.s. Matrix, you were wondering who were being shamed earlier right? Just because they dint say it out loud like this prick, doesn't mean they arent there.
Forum Resident
#14 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 1:39 PM
I'm 99% sure they won't add something like depression. We don't have any actual illnesses in game. They're all made up and silly/goofy. Pets can only die of old age because everything else "would be too dark". And the big rumor is that they didn't add burglars because they would make people feel uncomfortable. I think the closest thing we might get is midlife crisis like in TS3 And even that would probably be turned into something goofy.
Instructor
#15 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 9:32 PM
Why no burglars...
Quote: Originally posted by hiabara
And the big rumor is that they didn't add burglars because they would make people feel uncomfortable. I think the closest thing we might get is midlife crisis like in TS3 And even that would probably be turned into something goofy.

You know, I always wondered why they didn't add burglars and actual crime in with the Get to Work expansion... it would have been the perfect opportunity to have done a lot more with it. Honestly, this theory along with the fact they didn't want to dedicate any work to something new makes a lot of sense.

And, frankly, that sucks.
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 11:21 AM
I mean... if they haven't added doghouses since that means that players are "neglecting" virtual beings by giving them a place to hide from sun when they are outside, or just a place for sleep... idk, I think they might cut sims death in the next itteration.

You know, some people might be offended that sims are 'doing the deed' so they might cut that too. It's all possible in the age where people get offended when you tell them you KNOW that earth is round. Nothing really surprises me anymore...

I might just jump off the bridge today.
Instructor
#17 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 12:59 PM
disappointment and lots of it

Mirror floors, sexy mirror silhouettes, adult DVD, legend of zelda items and more ALL FREE AT: XTRA SIMS!
Test Subject
#18 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 3:47 PM
A seasons pack with a lot of rain no storms, snow, or any extreme weather. I'm really missing the burglar, Mrs. Crumplebottom .Big sigh,,, firefighter career with no fires, due to the fact the fires go out by themselves in game.Or people might get stressed if there sim dies in the fire. I am so disenchanted with the sims 4, right now...I am seriously thinking about starting a petition.. The realism is lost without these!
Mad Poster
#19 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 5:00 PM

Well an expansion pack dedic-- well actually, that can be expected from EA. They're desperate for something is sometimes underestimated