Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 29th Sep 2018 at 6:39 PM
Well, my knowledge of s3 modding is pretty much non-existant, but given that plumbots have recolorable glowing CAS parts, my guess is that the tech is there. Could be wrong, plumbot CAS does have a different UI and may operate under different rules, but the underlying tex/mesh/channel settings for those parts seem like they'd apply to standard CAS items as well. May be able to see how they did it there. Just a thought if you'd prefer not to use the glass work-around that it sounds like you're using.
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 30th Sep 2018 at 12:57 AM
Thank you. One more thing do you remember where you downloaded the cc that you're using on your sims like their skin?
Scholar
Original Poster
#28 Old 30th Sep 2018 at 9:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Squidconqueror
Thank you. One more thing do you remember where you downloaded the cc that you're using on your sims like their skin?

The skin is here, just the thing, I use my edited version (without eyebrowns and I just a bit edited skin tone, so it have less red shades in game).

Quote: Originally posted by k2m1too
Ok, I see you have changed it to be hat slider compatible. I must have dl'ed the previous version because I was going to mention that it buried into my sim's temple. LOL Thanks for the info on how you made it glow. I'm going to have to try this with my own project.

No problem
Yea, I should a made warning about heavily customized sims and this led thing, apparently HeadNew bone not much help in this situation and I can't find right bone for temple, I added hat_grip instead and .. well now it is compatible with awt sliders so it won't be a problem to adjust to every sim :D
Instructor
#29 Old 30th Sep 2018 at 2:34 PM
The other option I might have suggested is looking at how glasses work and maybe making it glasses-slider compatible as an alternative. The hat slider is probably sufficient, though.

Duh and/or Hello!
(simblr)
Scholar
Original Poster
#30 Old 30th Sep 2018 at 5:11 PM
LED is up to download for both genders - http://nemiga-sims.tumblr.com/post/178604976516
Mad Poster
#31 Old 1st Oct 2018 at 12:59 PM
Congrats on figuring it out! I'm totally gonna try that trick with the ITF groups!
Instructor
#32 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 11:26 AM
Hey @nemiga what version of TSRW are you using? Every time I try to interact with the ITF bot parts, my TSRW crashes (mine is v2.0.86 as it is the least crash-y for most of the stuff I do, except for this!)

Duh and/or Hello!
(simblr)
Scholar
Original Poster
#33 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 2:09 PM
@k2m1too

Strange, cuz mine's v2.0.86 too. And everything works well for me...well sometimes it crashes, but that happens when I try to squeeze out things beyond the limits
Instructor
#34 Old 14th Oct 2018 at 2:51 PM
@Nemiga - well that is strange. Every time I try to import the ITF bot mesh (the group that glows) as you suggested, TSRW immediately crashes. As a separate test, I tried simply cloning the bot part using TSRW, that crashes as well. As a third test, I cloned the bot part with s3pe, then tried to use TSRW to open it and that crashed too.

What is stranger is that I CAN clone your accessory without the crash. (Which is great if I don't need multiple groups).

Duh and/or Hello!
(simblr)
Scholar
Original Poster
#35 Old 14th Oct 2018 at 7:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by k2m1too
@Nemiga - well that is strange. Every time I try to import the ITF bot mesh (the group that glows) as you suggested, TSRW immediately crashes. As a separate test, I tried simply cloning the bot part using TSRW, that crashes as well. As a third test, I cloned the bot part with s3pe, then tried to use TSRW to open it and that crashed too.

What is stranger is that I CAN clone your accessory without the crash. (Which is great if I don't need multiple groups).

I can add nothing - TSRW is a graphcal box of wonders, isn't it? Everytime you get there,you don't know what happens next....IYou can simply replace that glowing accessory I converted with your own mesh and it will have glowing properties. Of course, if your object has only one group...
It would be the best is someone figure out what shaders exactly are used for objects to glow :/
Page 2 of 2