Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 4:13 PM
Recoloring free time changing table, not working
Ok so I downloaded the freetime changing table CEP, and am having trouble with previously downloaded recolors. however it came with these instruction:

Includes all EA recolors.
Any existing custom recolors will only work for the frame subset.
If you want to fix your custom recolors:
1. Install the CEP-Extra.
2. Open the custom recolor and export the texutre file as a .png
3. Create a new recolor file with SimPE and make sure both subsets are ticked.
4. Import the old texture file.
5. Delete the old recolors and put the new recolor files in your Downloads folder.

I'm having trouble with step three, I can't find the subset button?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 9:48 PM
There isn't a "subset button", but I'm guessing that if the CEP is properly installed, you get the "choose subset" box after you've chosen to recolor the mesh, after saving the file. If you don't get the box, make sure you've set SimPE to advanced mode, and make sure you installed the CEP files where they're supposed to be (sometimes one file goes in the Program files location and another in Documents).

What the instructions are saying is that if you want to fix old recolors, you first extract the textures you want to use an then go ahead making a regular recolor file using the extracted pngs as textures. If the CEP-extras are installed properly, you should get the two subsets in the subset box.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 1:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
There isn't a "subset button", but I'm guessing that if the CEP is properly installed, you get the "choose subset" box after you've chosen to recolor the mesh, after saving the file. If you don't get the box, make sure you've set SimPE to advanced mode, and make sure you installed the CEP files where they're supposed to be (sometimes one file goes in the Program files location and another in Documents).

What the instructions are saying is that if you want to fix old recolors, you first extract the textures you want to use an then go ahead making a regular recolor file using the extracted pngs as textures. If the CEP-extras are installed properly, you should get the two subsets in the subset box.

Ok I did all that, but I'm still not getting the subset box, am I clicking the wrong file maybe? Also I have the ultimate collection so would that effect where the PF file goes, because it says The PF file goes into C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\zCEP-EXTRA.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#4 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 3:41 PM
If you have the UC, your file path for program files is C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\Base\TSData\Res\Catalog\zzCEP-EXTRA.

You will also need to close and restart SimPE after placing the CEP files.
Instructor
#5 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 3:55 PM
It sounds like either
1) you haven't yet fully installed the CEP-Extra, OR,
2) you are trying to make a recolor directly from the CEP-Extra program files package

Make sure your extra is properly installed, then start SimPE, start the Object workshop, find the original game object there and begin your recolor. If properly installed, the CEP-Extra will make the changes to the game object (such as giving you two recolorable subsets) itself as well as any clones or recolors you make from it while the extra is installed.

We have been stuck too long with "New Mesh" as the apex of creation.
_ WesHowe
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 3:47 PM
Quote:
If you have the UC, your file path for program files is C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\Base\TSData\Res\Catalog\zzCEP-EXTRA.

You will also need to close and restart SimPE after placing the CEP files.

OK thank you, I actually did put them in right

Quote: Originally posted by d4RE
It sounds like either
1) you haven't yet fully installed the CEP-Extra, OR,
2) you are trying to make a recolor directly from the CEP-Extra program files package

Make sure your extra is properly installed, then start SimPE, start the Object workshop, find the original game object there and begin your recolor. If properly installed, the CEP-Extra will make the changes to the game object (such as giving you two recolorable subsets) itself as well as any clones or recolors you make from it while the extra is installed.

Ok so it sounds like I was doing number 2, and I figured out I can't get an EP object to show in the workshop, only a few random things from basegame and teenstyle like the vanity and two book cases? How do I fix
Mad Poster
#7 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 4:41 PM
Then you need to check if the settings in SimPE point to the right EPs and SPs, and whether they're all enabled.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 5:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Then you need to check if the settings in SimPE point to the right EPs and SPs, and whether they're all enabled.

How do I do that?
Mad Poster
#9 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 9:37 PM
Extra --> preferences

System folders: Make sure all the file paths are there, and are correct (Depending on which games you have). They should point to the main folder of each SP/EP. If the line is empty, they're not pointing to the folder. SimPE Settings: Make sure "Advanced mode" is checked.

File table: Make sure all the tick boxes under "simple settings" are checked. Most of the "advanced settings" tick boxes should also be checked (not for SPs/EPs you don't have)

System Check: You should be able to click these so SimPE can check whether there's a bug in the system.