Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jan 2017 at 12:31 AM
Default Hair mesh not working
So I'm attempting to make a hair mesh using this tutorial: https://youtu.be/xmmbvfSwQ1k

I've followed the instructions exactly, and yet, when I load the mesh into S4S, the top half of the mesh is missing. I've attached pictures of what it looks like in blender vs. what it looks like in S4S. I would really appreciate if someone has any clue what's going on or maybe another way I could try to do this. Thank you!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 9th Jan 2017 at 6:36 PM
My guess would be that the missing part of the mesh has no bone assignments, but I'd have to see the mesh in TS4 format to really know. (I don't use Blender) If you make a package and upload it I'll take a look.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Jan 2017 at 3:17 AM
Here you go, I'm attaching the file.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  [queenoftheswans] test hair.rar (1.15 MB, 5 downloads) - View custom content
Description: broken mesh
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#4 Old 10th Jan 2017 at 7:12 PM
Sorry, but all I can tell is that the top of the mesh really is missing. If it's there in Blender, I can only assume something's gone wrong in the process of importing Blender to Studio. Maybe you haven't used the proper cuts for each mesh part - I don't know exactly how Studio does this so I'm only guessing. The lod1, lod2, and lod3 meshes look fine, btw, so maybe look at what you might have done differently with lod0. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Jan 2017 at 11:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Maybe you haven't used the proper cuts for each mesh part

That's exactly what it turned out to be! I never even thought to check. Thank you! It looks fine in Studio now!