Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jan 2017 at 5:38 PM
Default How to create actual default eyes (for Vampires?)
Hi,

So I have my own set of eyes that I use and I'd like to make defaults for vampires as well. However I do not want the eyes to be recognized as custom (have the wrench) in the game, which happens when you create default eyes using S4S. So far I've made my eyes using a package from another creator who was able to replace the textures without them appearing as custom eyes. I just opened that package and then replaced the texture one by one. Unfortunately that creator is now gone from the community and since I've never learned how to create default eyes using S4PE in the first place I'm sort of stuck.

Can anyone help me with this? How do I create defaults for the vampire eyes without them appearing as custom eyes?

~ formerly known as trüffelschaf ~
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Jan 2017 at 3:19 AM
I thought, default never appear as custom...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Jan 2017 at 3:42 PM
Well, they're not supposed to but some people's defaults replace the original eyes but they have the custom content wrench and appear as custom content in the gallery. I suspect that's because the creators made them in S4S instead of SimPe, which is why I'm looking to replace them using SimPe. The problem is I don't know how. A good start for me would be to know where to find and how to open the vampire eye texture files so I can attempt to replace them.

I should've started doing defaults from scratch a lot earlier instead of just using a premade package for it. Now that nobody does the non-custom defaults anymore because S4S is easier it's come to bite me.

Mad Poster
#4 Old 28th Jan 2017 at 5:04 PM
Can't you just import your own textures over the ones in the package?( ins4pe)
Sorry, you just said you did that..lol
What you want to know is how to create your own default, using s4pe..right. I am lacking coffee, see.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Test Subject
#5 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 2:05 AM
You would look through game texture files and export/save as the vampire eye texture files (I think there's three?). Then go about opening/modifying those files in S4PE as you see fit (same process as you are doing currently), and saving them as a .package. I don't actually know where those texture files are located as I always use S4S to look through game code. I would assume that S4S makes it easier to find those files instead of the potential hours of searching through texture files on your own (if texture files are anything like XML it could take a while to find what you need).

If you find that S4PE texture extractions are too difficult to handle, you could always use S4S's wrench remover. I believe they have a version that only removes the wrench from the eye sections. That's a workaround to having the default eyes showing up as custom. I don't know if you're planning to upload these textures somewhere or not, which could aid in your decision process, but you could always offer a link to another mod for those bothered by the wrench icon. It's not a perfect solution, but it is a functional one. S4S tends to update that mod fairly quickly, too, so it's almost always available.
Alchemist
#6 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 6:52 PM
The easy way to make CAS recolor overrides that do not have a wrench icon in the game is to use Sims 4 Studio. I have written an illustrated mini-tutorial showing how to do this and posted it HERE . Basically, all you have to do is make your override recolor as usual and then delete the CAS Part resources in the Warehouse. You will not have to search through the game files to accomplish this
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 6:10 AM
Thank you so much for your help! I'll take a look at your tutorial orangemittens, it seems exactly what I was looking for. I really appreciate everyone's help on this!