Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 1:42 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Weirdness in Belladonna Cove - is my Uberhood borked?
I just started playing a new uberhood made from Tarlia's cleaned templates. Belladonna Cove is the main 'hood.

I took Tara deBateau to Gamesend Grounds when she rolled a want to see a ghost. No graves were there. Tarlia's blog suggested using HoodChecker, but that didn't make the tombs reappear.

Armand deBateau fell in love with an apartment neighbor. She's an alien. I'd never seen an alien townie before in all the years I've played Sims 2.

Tara went to college and Armand moved out of his penthouse to a home. He asked his alien love to move in, and to my surprise, she aged from a young adult into an adult! I thought YA townies were only found in Uni. Not only that, she has a townie friend in her relationship panel who's also an alien.

One of the YA dormies who moved into Tara's dorm is also a former apartment neighbor.

Finally, I downloaded a custom dorm from MTS that I discovered on trying to play it had no trash can or mailbox. I moved Tara out, placed a downloadable trash can and mailbox, and moved her back in. Then I used the Teleporter shrub to bring in two of her teen friends from Three Lakes (they didn't show up in the "send to college" panel). I aged them up to YA, moved them into the dorm, had them select their dorm room doors, and turned them back into townies. Those two dormies NEVER enter their dorm rooms or lock the doors. Other dormies wander in at all hours and even sleep in their beds!

Tara also has the bug where her class performance meter never expands, despite her having the necessary skill points.

Is my neighborhood irretrievably borked? Do I need to start over?
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 4:22 PM
I took a look at the neighborhood townies in SimPE. I have a PlantSim townie as well.

I moved Tara to a different dorm. Her performance meter displays correctly now, but every time she goes to a community lot, she returns to her dorm the same time she left. I thought the clock ran continuously in Uni? It's been awhile since I played it.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 4:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LovelyRita13
I thought the clock ran continuously in Uni? It's been awhile since I played it.

Nope, the clock is exactly the same. You can get a mod to fix it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 5:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by didyouevenmakeasound
Nope, the clock is exactly the same. You can get a mod to fix it.

LOL! At least that's working correctly - by Maxis standards.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 7:32 PM
Crammyboy's Community Time mod does NOT work in University. It may or may not work in Vacation neighborhoods.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 10:57 PM
I find in holiday/vacation hoods that the holiday seems to go faster when using CLT. Or I think it did last time, it could also be I sent my sims too late in the day, but I noticed the timer had jumped forward the first morning my sims got up.

For Uni, CLT does not work, your sims will still return the time they left, but what should change is the uni timer. So if it said 24 hours until final exam when you sent your sim to a community lot and you left for 20 hours it should now say 4 hours to final exam.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 11:00 PM
@LovelyRita13 sorry to double post, but I just noticed you said it was a download from here that had no bin or mailbox, can you link, please?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 11:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
@LovelyRita13 sorry to double post, but I just noticed you said it was a download from here that had no bin or mailbox, can you link, please?

Trashcan and mailbox are HERE (Click on Sims 2 icon and they are under hacks/mods.)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#9 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 12:56 AM
@LovelyRita13 - I think Jo meant which lot on here did you download with no mailbox and trashcan - because she'll want to remove it. Not where you found the replacements. We know about those.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 1:05 AM
Yes exactly, the lot.

~Call me Jo~
Undead Molten Llama
#11 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 1:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I find in holiday/vacation hoods that the holiday seems to go faster when using CLT. Or I think it did last time, it could also be I sent my sims too late in the day, but I noticed the timer had jumped forward the first morning my sims got up.

Off-topic for this thread, I know, but this'll clear up a mystery for you.

When using CLT in vacation hoods, if you have your Sims on a community lot past midnight, their "vacation clock" will subtract a day from the "vacation days remaining" while they're on the community lot. Then, when you return your Sims to the lot where they're staying and those hours pass again while your Sims are away, it will subtract a day again when the clock rolls past midnight on their home lot, thus lopping off days from their vacation. IIRC, it doesn't happen like this in an unmodded game because the "time remaining clock" isn't affected on the community lot, only on the home lot. The mod does something that changes this.

It kinda sucks, but since the mod was never updated past...Seasons?...it also kinda makes sense that it'll happen. I almost wish the mod didn't work in vacation hoods at all, like how it doesn't work on Uni campuses at all, but...Well, it DOES work as it's supposed to but it's just that time is calculated differently in vacation hoods, so things get screwed up in this manner.

So, what I personally do is either make sure that Sims leave community lots before midnight (or make sure that they don't leave for one until after midnight, for those who are awake at night) so they don't lose days. OR I just schedule them for a longer vacation than I really want, figuring that they'll stay out late at least a couple of nights so they'll lose the extra days I don't want anyway.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 1:46 PM
@iCad That must be what happened, thanks for solving the mystery, I would never have guessed! :D

~Call me Jo~
Undead Molten Llama
#13 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 1:53 PM
*laugh* I only figured it out because I once happened to notice the clock advancing at midnight when my vacationers were on the community lot and then noticed it was still advanced when the home lot loaded, and then the clock advanced again at midnight. I put two and two together after that.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 9:01 PM
Sorry I misunderstood about the lot! It was the Omega Luxury dorms HERE
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 9:07 PM
I hadn't gotten that far with the Uberhood - I'd only played Jessica Peterson and the deBateaus. So I deleted and restarted last night, using cheats to advance the characters to where they were in the borked 'hood. This time, I followed Tarlia's original instructions to not have any other 'hoods in my neighborhood folder when I installed BC. And when I first loaded BC, I loaded the cemetery lot first before playing any families. All the tombstones were waiting for me on the sidewalk.

I wonder if playing Jessica on the original mobile homes lot borked the neighborhood. This time around, I went looking for a replacement since I didn't like how the originals were laid out. A mobile homes version available here said the Maxis lot was known to be buggy. I also replaced the deBateau's apartment building with a much nicer remodeled version.

I DID clone Armand's alien girlfriend via SimPE before deleting the old Uberhood.

Now for a new question: Are any of the BC Sims worth resurrecting?
Mad Poster
#16 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 11:40 AM Last edited by RoxEllen1965 : 21st Jun 2018 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Add info about Belladonna Cove graveyard
Finally, I downloaded a custom dorm from MTS that I discovered on trying to play it had no trash can or mailbox. I moved Tara out, placed a downloadable trash can and mailbox, and moved her back in. Then I used the Teleporter shrub to bring in two of her teen friends from Three Lakes (they didn't show up in the "send to college" panel). I aged them up to YA, moved them into the dorm, had them select their dorm room doors, and turned them back into townies. Those two dormies NEVER enter their dorm rooms or lock the doors. Other dormies wander in at all hours and even sleep in their beds!

I didn't download the Omega Luxury dorm that you linked to, but looking at the screenshots on that page, I do see a community lot phone. Dorms are supposed to be made from residential lots, not community ones. Could that be what's wrong with it? There are several comments in the support thread for it complaining that the lot does not work. One person tried removing the community lot phone and rezoning, but it didn't help.

The same creator has another dorm with more complaints about the same problem here (Academia Atletic - http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=320957). Community lot phone and trash can are clearly visible in one screenshot and the creator admits they made the dorm improperly (started from community lot instead of residential lot as they should have).

Quote: Originally posted by Eloissa
I understand that both dormlots are giving trouble to play with it. Maybe, indeed I didn't make the lots on residential lots while that was nessesary, but I can't remember if I did! Sorry for that.

This person has two other dorm lots available for download. Screenshots of the Alphadome Society (http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=316477) shows the proper residential mailbox and trashcan, so that one may be okay.

I can't tell from the screenshots or comment section for the Luxury Beta dorm (http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=318644) whether it's a residential or community lot.

It's a good idea to always try out new lots in a testing hood first to make sure they work properly. That way you're not risking sims or neighborhoods that you actually care about.

EDIT:
I took Tara deBateau to Gamesend Grounds when she rolled a want to see a ghost. No graves were there. Tarlia's blog suggested using HoodChecker, but that didn't make the tombs reappear.

It can be a royal pain to get the graves to show up properly even in Tarlia's version of the Belladonna Cove base hood. I gave up on it quite some time ago. The easiest way that I've found to get the graves to show up properly in the graveyard is to install one of Tarlia's sub-hood versions of Belladonna Cove (Downtown or Shopping District) and use that instead. In the game, add the Belladonna Cove sub-hood to another neighborhood, (either an existing one or a new one - doesn't matter). The graves should just be there where they belong. No further action necessary.

Note that you MUST have Mansion & Garden Stuff in order to use either of these (Tarlia had M&G installed when she made them). Obviously, the Downtown version requires NL and the shopping district version requires OFB. Here's a link for those who don't already know where to get them.

https://meetme2theriver.livejournal.com/63030.html
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 7:30 PM
I learned my lesson about checking downloaded lots!

I'm embarrassed; I figured out what caused some of the unusual occurrences in this 'hood.

The alien Sims I thought were game-generated apartment neighbors were actually YAs from the Land Grant University custom 'hood (including Armand's new fiancée. I'm going to keep playing the clone I made because I like the two of them together. I also want to hook Tara up with Stella Terrano, so their family theme is becoming "eccentric rich Sims who love aliens.")

I had a hack in my game to populate apartments with other game townies rather than generating new social-group ones. It must have pulled the Land Grant dormies and put them in the apartments. When Tara went to Academy Le Tour, they showed up as dormies there (oddly, since that wasn't their "home university.")

Now that I've started over, given the information about the BC graves even in Tarlia's template, I won't try to resurrect anybody or try to recover graves if they vanish from the cemetery again. I really wanted to make BC my main hood, and I just like having ghosts around in a cemetery for my knowledge sims. But Tara can visit Gothier Green Lawns in Downtown for now, and by the time I resurrect the Tricous, there may be a dead playable or two to put in BC!
Mad Poster
#18 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 11:07 PM
If you download lots (or anything else) from modthesims, you can check the comments to see if other people have had problems with that item before you download it. I keep forgetting to do this myself.

There shouldn't be a problem if the graves don't show up as long as you have Pescado's nounlinkondelete mod. Maybe you already have this.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/f...r=al%2Fhacks%2F

Graves can be respawned using the Batbox and a teleporter like the SimBlender or Inge's cat statue, but there are so many graves in BC that you may not want to bother. Just make sure you have Pescado's mod so that worse things don't happen to them.