Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jun 2014 at 5:40 PM
Default Learn to teleport
Clement Andrews went to Takemizu, wanting to learn to teleport. At the Zen garden, no ninja appeared, ever. The only place the ninja showed up was the Lucky Shrine Park. Seven times Clement went there, seven times answered the ninja's question, and seven times got it wrong. By that time I was furious, yelling at the screen and stumping away in high dudgeon. Then I settled down, and reasoned thus: the answers are supposed to be 50/50 right or wrong, but Clement's were 100% wrong. If the game was playing silly beggars, I felt justified in cheating. This worked:
boolprop testingcheatsenabled true
shift-click on the ninja, force error - reset
The ninja did a back flip, and then Clement could ask him again - Learn to Teleport?
The eighth time was wrong too, so I did another force error - reset. The ninth time was right! Great cheering on this side of the screen. I think the ninja understood that I had him by the short and curlies, and quit stalling. Clement went contentedly home.
Did I do wrong?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 19th Jun 2014 at 5:50 PM
Do you feel wronged? It's your game. You're the only person you could harm like this. To the best of my knowledge, force error/reset causes no corruption.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 19th Jun 2014 at 5:52 PM
I use the InSIM or the Sim Manipulator to grant my Sims the ability to scare walkbys and their own family without the need to go hundreds of miles to a village in the Far East and try to catch a Ninja.

Call me a cheater, but it is my game, after all.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 19th Jun 2014 at 6:00 PM
Exactly- it's your game, and it's a dollhouse, or a sandbox, or however you want to think of it! If you want your story to go somewhere that the game is making difficult for you, then cheat! Play God! Your Sims aren't going to complain, are they? Well, not unless you're this kind of God, I suppose...

Screenshots

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 19th Jun 2014 at 6:29 PM
I use the rather fabulous book of talents, by treeag. It can teach your Sim all kinds of skills, and gives them the memory of learning it (which is important to me, since I care about memories). On my third rebuild I got tired of hunting down the ninja to teach 10ish people teleport. It's fun the first couple of times, but I'm pretty much over it, so I don't mind granting it the mod-way.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 19th Jun 2014 at 6:53 PM
I've not bothered with the BV version of teleportation for ages. I use the teleport function of Insim, though...

Just hovering around the community lots and hotel lots in BV is often enough. Might take a few tries, but eventually you'll be successful (kinda like chance cards - the same answer won't always be the right one). If not, there are a few various mods that will let sims "learn" the BV teleport.
Scholar
#7 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 12:25 PM
Did you know the insim teleport is the exact one used for the meditation teleport, if your sim meditates for a looooooong time.
And no I'm not on about TS3 zeneporting - i've tried it on Valessa Daalmans in my game.

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.