Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jan 2015 at 4:40 PM
Default Community Lot Time & Vacations
I was wondering of any experiences with Community Lot Time hack and vacations? I took the hack out before sending my sim on vacation but I don't want to have to do that every time. I really love the hack and have had no problems otherwise but need to be sure.

Just curious if using it while sims are on vacation could cause problems.

Thanks so much for your help and hope you are having a nice day.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 28th Jan 2015 at 7:16 PM
I use this hack and have left it in while sending my sims on vacations. I didn't notice until recently that the sims who went on vacation were aged the amount of days they were gone once they got back home. I'm not really sure if that's just a normal thing with BV or if its from the hack because I didn't get BV until after I had the hack already. Hopefully one of the more experienced simmers around here can explain Regardless it didn't cause any problems that I can see since changing my sims age back is simple enough.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 28th Jan 2015 at 7:55 PM
Sims on vacation do not age. Aging was caused by your mod.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 28th Jan 2015 at 8:01 PM
Time and aging stop on the home lot while a sims family is away on vacation. If your's aged while on vacation, it is due to the hack.

You can read up on Sims 2 vacations here http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sims_2:_Bon_Voyage
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 28th Jan 2015 at 8:03 PM
There is a known problem where the time left in the holiday will roll over twice if the sim(s) are away from the hotel/owned lot at midnight. If they are at the hotel/owned lot before midnight Community Time hack works correctly.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Jan 2015 at 9:00 PM
Thanks so much for the very helpful replies everyone! I can't wait to start using the hack again, it's one of my favorites.

Quote: Originally posted by Ksantipasim
There is a known problem where the time left in the holiday will roll over twice if the sim(s) are away from the hotel/owned lot at midnight. If they are at the hotel/owned lot before midnight Community Time hack works correctly.

Interesting! I almost always keep my sims out past midnight when on vacation so I'll definitely have to watch out for that. Thanks so much!
Alchemist
#7 Old 30th Jan 2015 at 8:01 AM
Is there a mod that makes the time that passes on community lot also passes the time on the home lot? I mean, if I go to a community lot, stays there for 3 sim-hours, I don't want to go home and time is turned 3 hours back.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 30th Jan 2015 at 9:05 AM
Yes, that's what we're talking about it's called Community Time Project and it's by crammyboy at MATY.

It was never updated past Free Time but it does work in Apartment Life. Keep a Batbox handy, occasionally the sims glitch and get stuck off-lot. Forcing errors on off-world using the batbox will bring them back.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 30th Jan 2015 at 9:09 AM
I've never had that glitch. I did once have a pregnant sim have all her motives go down while waiting for her to come back and she died as soon as she got out of the taxi. I had to exit without saving and use max Motives while i waited for her to come home. It does say it can be dangerous for pregnant sims. I've only ever had that happen once.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~