Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Aug 2005 at 7:57 PM
Default How do floor cutouts work?
Hi everyone! :howdy:

I will create an object, that cutout the floor. But actually I've got no idea, how do floor cutouts work. When we look at the wirlpool, there is no alpha for the floor to modify.
When I clone the wirlpool (or hottub?) and add more floor tiles, will this work?
Hopefully you can help me. : )

Best regards

teko

Minisite

TSR Workshop
A Custom Content Tool for The Sims 3
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 26th Aug 2005 at 5:44 PM
Ok, problem is solved. Just add a new line at the bhav - init and give the correct operation...

But with solved problems comes a lot of new problems...

I'd like to create a pool which have a measure of 3x5 tiles. I've cloned this object from a gardenlamp, because it have the light next to the floor.
This object has only one tile and I add a few more tiles. But they don't work all correctly. Which do work, and which not, you can see in the picture.

I must have the original tile in the middle, because I can't move the pointlight.
And with the added tiles, the object allow only place with the move objects on. So I think, the other tiles are anywhere in the Sims 2 Universe... no idea about that.
Hopefully you can help me. : )

Minisite

TSR Workshop
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Aug 2005 at 3:30 PM
I solved this problem in a other way.
But now, the object doesn't work anymore. :hmm: I don't know, what's wrong in the package. Can someone have a look at it?
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  teko_pool.rar (198.1 KB, 34 downloads) - View custom content

Minisite

TSR Workshop
Forum Resident
#4 Old 27th Nov 2005 at 10:16 AM
The reason why your first try didn't work is that there are no negatives for hex. -1 equals 65535, that would be about 256 tiles to the left. However, you can move joints and slots in the CRES, and AFAIK lights are assigned to it. try moving the root joint. that -should- work.
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#5 Old 27th Nov 2005 at 12:28 PM
What do you mean by "doesn't work"? It won't show up in game? The pie menu isn't displaying? What is it supposed to do that it isn't doing?

Also, you say you solved the problem in another way. If this was the thing that stopped your object from working, it would be helpful to know what the "other way" is that you used.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Nov 2005 at 3:14 PM
Luckily, I had a look at MTS2 for search the tutorial how connect straight and diagonal objects and I see this thread here.

Well, the set which this pool was planned for is already released and I had learned a lot more of editing things in the package.

How I have understood your explenation, Fat D, it that there doesn't exist negatives for hex, right? So I have to built the disappeared at the top (of the image).

I can now move lights, joints and so on with the CRES. That shouldn't be a problem.

How I said, I've learned a lot more of object modding and I would do this object at the first on a other way.

Minisite

TSR Workshop