Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Functional Canning Station and Custom Canning Skill (Update 17th April 2019)

by icemunmun Posted 6th Aug 2017 at 7:04 PM - Updated 14th Aug 2022 at 4:05 PM by icemunmun : Updated to the Get Famous patch

650 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 455 Feedback Posts, 194 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 18 of 27
Lab Assistant
#426 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 11:01 AM
ps there is something that bugs me lol,is it possible to for you to look into,that a sim or family don`t use it to cook with? some times my sim,just walks from the kitchen to outside where i have a hobby room the the canning station and your candle table,but he goes to the canning station,cook on it and walks back,kinda irritating lol,but like i said before on you page,i love it

If it ain`t Dutch it ain`t much
keep your friends close but your enemies closer
Test Subject
#427 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 9:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by icemunmun
Have updated! hopefully it is fixed now! Sorry for the LEs! This patch really did a number on my mods :p

I don't get a LE, but no matter what I do, or the version I choose, there is -never- any options on the caning station. All pop ups open, but are blank (think I saw someone else mention this as well). All items are in root folder and not in sub folders. I have your candles as well in the same location and they work fine. I only downloaded the file today, so I assume it's your most recent update.
Test Subject
#428 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 1:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by absinthexiii
I don't get a LE, but no matter what I do, or the version I choose, there is -never- any options on the caning station. All pop ups open, but are blank (think I saw someone else mention this as well). All items are in root folder and not in sub folders. I have your candles as well in the same location and they work fine. I only downloaded the file today, so I assume it's your most recent update.

Update: The EA items needed one works (I think?). I get an option to make apple jam (that's greyed out, I assume because I have no apples?) but the pickles and spreads menus are empty. The Custom items needed, EA items optional, and Custom items optional all still don't work at all (but no LE's). Have tried in sub folders as well as Mods root folder. Neither seem to make a difference.
Lab Assistant
#429 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 12:09 PM
Update: The EA items needed one works (I think?). I get an option to make apple jam (that's greyed out, I assume because I have no apples?) but the pickles and spreads menus are empty. The Custom items needed, EA items optional, and Custom items optional all still don't work at all (but no LE's). Have tried in sub folders as well as Mods root folder. Neither seem to make a difference.

Hey, does your sim have the canning skill already? If not, it's normal that all options are blank. If your sim is new to the canning skill the only thing he can do, is make apple jam (if he has the required amount of apples in his inventory, of course). If the sim build up the canning skill more and more options are available.
Test Subject
#430 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 4:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jevi
Hey, does your sim have the canning skill already? If not, it's normal that all options are blank. If your sim is new to the canning skill the only thing he can do, is make apple jam (if he has the required amount of apples in his inventory, of course). If the sim build up the canning skill more and more options are available.

I played for a bit last night, and just as you said, as she obtained the skill, the rest DID open..... HOWEVER... It is ONLY the EA version that works. The custom foods one doesn't work at all (So no starting apple jam option. All options are empty and stay that way).
Test Subject
#431 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 4:39 AM
Default Seasons update
Hi Icemunmun thanks for the awesome mods you do. After testing all of my mods, I think this mod takes away the make a grand meal option. Have anyone else noticed this?
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#432 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 9:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tmorris
Hi Icemunmun thanks for the awesome mods you do. After testing all of my mods, I think this mod takes away the make a grand meal option. Have anyone else noticed this?

is it for any particular stove ? I have updated the canning station base. Can you test with the updated base package ?

I played for a bit last night, and just as you said, as she obtained the skill, the rest DID open..... HOWEVER... It is ONLY the EA version that works. The custom foods one doesn't work at all (So no starting apple jam option. All options are empty and stay that way).

Hi!For only EA harvestable based preserves you need the base package + EA package + back plate. However if you want the custom harvestable based preserves also, you need the base + EA preserves + Custom preserves + black plate. So the custom preserve package on its own ( without the EA package) will not do anything!
Test Subject
#433 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 5:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by icemunmun
is it for any particular stove ? I have updated the canning station base. Can you test with the updated base package ?

Hi!For only EA harvestable based preserves you need the base package + EA package + back plate. However if you want the custom harvestable based preserves also, you need the base + EA preserves + Custom preserves + black plate. So the custom preserve package on its own ( without the EA package) will not do anything!

That could be my problem! I have the EA in but NOT the custom AS WELL. I will add that in and hopefully that solves my problem! Thanks a lot for your great work, and prompt responses!
Test Subject
#434 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 6:13 PM
Default Tested
[QUOTE=icemunmun]is it for any particular stove ? I have updated the canning station base. Can you test with the updated base package ?

Awesome, it is working now. Thanks for all your hard work
dodgy builder
#435 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 8:27 PM Last edited by Volvenom : 29th Jun 2018 at 8:37 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by tmorris

I made lots of grand meals

Geez, this is getting complicated. I downloaded 7 files and has tons of harvestable mods from before. Should I update them all? Some of them are probably made by modders who has left.

The only problem I have at the moment is the lack of receipts anywhere, but it might be missing skills. I don't remember anymore. My cook has lots of cooking skills, but does he need anything else? I just moved 7 canningstation mod files into one subfolder in the mods folder. I did have the station itself in game, along with several odd looking fruits in my catalogue somewhere. So I guess it works, but it's still empty. I just have to test some more, and will be back later.

I'm using it on an almost finished farm lot, and had it all there from before.

Another point is that he keeps tilting the canningstation when he uses it to make regular meals. I know that was a problem from before, but I guess it's something I have to live with.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#436 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 11:31 PM
Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#437 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 1:45 AM
Good thing for that flashing exclamation point! I almost downloaded everything (b/c I don't know what I'm doing!). Didn't play Sims 3 long enough for this option. Can't wait to try it out! Thank you for sharing it.
dodgy builder
THANKS POST
#438 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 11:59 AM
I read the discription one more time. I thought I had already don so. It turns out my big lot doesn't need any ingredients, but Elderberry plant suddenly dropped out. I thought I had read it the last time, obviously not. I now have 5 files in my mods folder.
Test Subject
#439 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 1:58 PM
Russian translation update
Hehe I'm sorry
I'm really obsessed with this mod :lovestruc
Please update the russian translation
Attached files:
File Type: zip  RUS_Canning_Strings.zip (22 Bytes, 8 downloads)
Lab Assistant
#440 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 7:56 PM
I have updated the German translation.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  icemunmun_CanningStationGERupdated.zip (7.4 KB, 9 downloads)
Test Subject
#441 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 6:39 PM
Is there anything that can be done with this causing a "Last Exception" with MCCC?
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#442 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 6:42 PM
Thank you for the translations! I will add them soon!

Quote: Originally posted by lordgodric
Is there anything that can be done with this causing a "Last Exception" with MCCC?

Have you installed the Black Plate package ? Not having it will give rise to last exceptions. If you still see LEs after adding the black plate and testing with only this mod and MCCC, can you please attach the LE here ?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#443 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 9:45 PM
This mod is a gem! Thank you so much for creating it, and for keeping it up-to-date. I had a question about a future direction: I noticed that some of the jams/pickles/spreads you have for custom harvestables could now be applied to EA versions of those harvestables that have been added to the game--specifically garlic (Vampires) and honey (Seasons) (plus there was something about avocados ?). Are you planning to link the jams/pickles/spreads you already have to the new EA harvestables? Because I don't want to download the custom harvestables, but I absolutely love this mod and would love to get the jams/pickles/spreads for my beekeeping, avocado-ranching, and garlic-growing sims. Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#444 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 1:29 AM
Thanks so much
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#445 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 9:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by clearfallwatershaper
This mod is a gem! Thank you so much for creating it, and for keeping it up-to-date. I had a question about a future direction: I noticed that some of the jams/pickles/spreads you have for custom harvestables could now be applied to EA versions of those harvestables that have been added to the game--specifically garlic (Vampires) and honey (Seasons) (plus there was something about avocados ?). Are you planning to link the jams/pickles/spreads you already have to the new EA harvestables? Because I don't want to download the custom harvestables, but I absolutely love this mod and would love to get the jams/pickles/spreads for my beekeeping, avocado-ranching, and garlic-growing sims. Thank you!

Yep! I will add more preserves utilising the EA harvestables!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#446 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 8:49 PM
SO, if I want to make "bread", do I download the canning center and the bread one?
Lab Assistant
#447 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 12:30 AM
Okay....confused. exactly what do I download if I want to use EA harvestables, and CC harvestables, and bread.....what do I need to get?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#448 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 6:04 AM
I LOVE this.....I've asked on forums with no answers.....which do I download? I want to do EA and custom and bred....so which ones of the 7 do I get
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#449 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 6:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadyVatrovia
SO, if I want to make "bread", do I download the canning center and the bread one?

To get the bread you need the - Canning Base + Black plate + Canning preserves EA +/- Canning preserves Custom . (You get the ingredient optional version if you want the ingredients to be optional instead of always required)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#450 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 8:09 PM
Thank you
Page 18 of 27