Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 2:37 AM
Default Parent cres not found.
Ok sorry for this, but it,s been too long I made clothing...and I have a memory blank.
What does this means exactly, when you get that message after you replace a mesh and hit preview?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 7:50 PM
After you replace the GMDC, you mean? No idea. I haven't been able to use the preview in years; it crashes SimPE.

Maybe the mesh wasn't built properly and the CRES is missing?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 11:01 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 30th Oct 2014 at 11:12 PM.
I think there is a problem with that GMDC to start with. I tried many times, always the same.
Just extracting the 4 files to create a mesh package...and boom. I did nothing to it yet, and it says parent cres missing.
Edit : I tested it again, this time just finding the gmdc in finder tab in simpe...preview...same message.
Oh well. I can still use that same mesh once extracted, cloning something else from BS.

Mad Poster
#4 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 12:11 AM
How about just not trying to preview it? SimPE's preview is lousy, anyway. Use Body Shop if you want to see if you've got the right mesh displaying.

Are you using Windows 7? I've had weird, finicky problems with SimPE ever since switching from Windows XP. I actually have to close and reopen the program between certain steps if I want them to "take". It's a hassle... but that's Microsoft for you. Always "improving" its software for us!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 1:07 AM Last edited by Rosebine : 3rd Nov 2014 at 3:24 PM.
Yeah..anyways, I'll just use that mesh for building something new. I just have to remember to NOT use it as is, in my package. I just wanted to change the shoes...

EDIT :
I got everything to work, cloning anything else* as my final project. (hulaskirt cause I needed alpha*)
But still using the GMDC of the broken outfit as my mesh base, because i was just changing the shoes.
For those who'd like to test..the broken outfit is .*tfbodybohemian.*
If it is not broken for you, then my game files are.