Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th May 2019 at 11:40 PM Last edited by DerpyTanuki : 16th May 2019 at 2:31 AM.
Default Mod that shows how many hours until giving Birth?
Is there any mod that will tell me how long until a pregnant sim will give birth?

I've been looking around NRaas' Master Controller and Debug Enabler but I couldn't find anything about it, only options to End the Pregnancy or Have an Instant Baby.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 16th May 2019 at 12:11 AM
http://modthesims.info/d/485285/pre...10-31-2013.html

I have version 5 loaded and this will give you exactly what you are looking for.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th May 2019 at 1:38 AM Last edited by DerpyTanuki : 16th May 2019 at 2:31 AM.
Thank you! I'll try this as soon as I can! :D

EDIT: Doesn't seem to work :c I click on my pregnant sim, then click on the option Display Pregnancy Information but nothing happens.

I made my sim pregnant using Woohoer (it's a male sim), maybe that is the reason?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 16th May 2019 at 3:34 AM
I've used Cmar's mod for years alongside of Woohooer and the other NRaas mods and it works just fine for me, for sims of both genders.

Are you certain you got the correct version for your game's patch level? Did you clear (delete) your scriptCache after adding the mod in? Possibly a sim who was already pregnant before the mod was added isn't going to respond to its commands right away. Can you use the mod or MasterController to impregnate (Pollinate) some random sims in town to test if it the full sets of commands then work on them?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th May 2019 at 4:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Are you certain you got the correct version for your game's patch level? Did you clear (delete) your scriptCache after adding the mod in?

I got the Version 5 and... I did not delete the cache... can't believe I forgot to delete them ^^' I'll try this tomorrow
Instructor
#6 Old 16th May 2019 at 10:20 AM
I don't use a Mod. I just set the hours I want for pregnancy and then check the sims status with MC to see how many hours the pregnancy has progressed. By setting the hours I then know how much longer the pregnancy has left. If that makes sense?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th May 2019 at 2:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsmidgen
I just set the hours I want for pregnancy and then check the sims status with MC to see how many hours the pregnancy has progressed.

I use MC but when checkin the status of the pregant sim it never says that they are pregnant? o-o But the Pregnancy and Baby options are there...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 16th May 2019 at 3:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Can you use the mod or MasterController to impregnate (Pollinate) some random sims in town to test if it the full sets of commands then work on them?

Pollinated a female sim successfully and tried the Pregnancy Options. They work and shows the information as it should but they don't work on my sim there's only the options Display Pregnancy Information (which doesn't work on him), End Pregnancy, Set Chance of Multiple and Set Gender of Baby. I think the mod might not recognize him as pregnant? He got pregnant while travelling so I don't want to end the pregnancy
Mad Poster
#9 Old 16th May 2019 at 9:11 PM
Is it possible that the world your sim got pregnant in has a different gestation period, by way of a tuning mod or NRaas Retuner, than where they are now? The game does not react well to that and sims with existing pregnancies when the term lengths are changed on them can often never give birth. Regardless, it sounds like this particular pregnancy might be a bit broken. You might wait to see if the pregnancy proceeds as it should anyway (also try a MC Reset on the sim) before taking further action.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 16th May 2019 at 11:15 PM
Sadly I had to end the pregnancy... the pregnancy was taking too long 5 days had passed and no sign of labour happening anytime soon.
Got him pregnant again and gave birth to twins. The mod worked this time.

Not important but felt like sharing: I had taken a selfie with the late baby's father as a way to remember him and so the baby could at least see how their father looked like. I still have the picture and placed it next to the bed.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 16th May 2019 at 11:27 PM
Stubborn player that I am, I would have found a way to get the two sims together again even if in different worlds to act as genetic donors and create a new baby out of them one way or another perhaps without the entire pregnancy having been played out. Or is that what you had already done? I realize that miscarriages are a part of life in the real world, but not in my game because its player forbids them.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 17th May 2019 at 12:06 AM
I would travel again to try and find the other sim but I think the chances of that happening are really low... he was an Explorer from Egypt traveling France.

I don't think I have a save file while my sim was in France otherwise I would have gone back.

And no, I didn't really wanted to end the pregnancy.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 17th May 2019 at 1:29 AM
Ah no, mere details like that wouldn't stop me though the game might find another way. On the sim's current home lot or the sim themselves, NRaas > MC > (Sim) > Basic > Invite Over > (filter to the explorer's homeworld or maybe France). Or hit "X" to dismiss the filter after selecting just Homeworld, after a brief pause you will be presented with what could be a huge list of all sims in all worlds in your game all together. If you know the other dad's name, you might be able to find him that way.

What to do with him once invited over becomes a good question. Maybe Add Sim instead of Invite Over would be better, either on your own residential lot or another one in town, this is probably just temporary. Once your sim..uhhm, gets what he needs from him, or maybe once you run an Instant Baby on the two parents, you could "dispose" of the visitor or temporary resident by traveling them elsewhere or doing something else sneaky if you do not wish for him to stay in your homeworld.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 17th May 2019 at 1:35 AM
I didn't know I could invite someone from another world!!! Thank you!