Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th May 2019 at 5:35 PM
Default Changing a tree to flower, what stops the fade?
I can change a tree to a flower by simply changing some values in OBJ, but what specifically affects the fade? Is this a line in OBJ or something in behavior?
Would anyone have a link to tutorials on Sims2 plants so that I can learn how to change behavior to watering?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th May 2019 at 9:27 PM
Why not clone an object with the properties you want (in your case a plant or bush)? It's much less editing.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th May 2019 at 10:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Why not clone an object with the properties you want (in your case a plant or bush)? It's much less editing.

This is true, and normally I would do this, but it has it's drawbacks sometimes. I haven't set up a good image editor on this computer, and redoing images can result in loss of quality. Plus, I don't know how to batch fix objects yet. It is easier for me to edit one line to stop fade than clone and re-import 10 objects.

I do not require, for example, 10 cactus trees to need the flowering watering feature, but I would like to stop the fade (and yes, I want them to count as garden items rather than sculptures). I'd also like to learn about SimPE sections, rather than hunting through several tutorials to pull together an understand of what a couple lines in SimPE do.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 18th May 2019 at 11:21 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 18th May 2019 at 5:09 PM.
Trees and some other items fade when you get close to them. Not a season thing. Happens with stairs too. Can be helped by camera hacks that edit the fade distance.

Some plants will cause problems if you don't make them correctly and have Seasons. Particularly seasonal recolors. I think Gwenke has a tutorial on making Seasons compatible plants and recolors.
Alchemist
#5 Old 18th May 2019 at 5:16 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 19th May 2019 at 12:47 AM.
If you mean stop it fading as you get close, this is how I do it.
Look in OBJf to see which Function init is listed first.
If there's more than one in the BHAVs, that's the one you need to change.

1) In that function init, highlight the last command, press INS/TRUE to get a new line
2) click the little quote button beside the operands,
3) a little window will pop up, paste 28000400000A03070000000000000000. That will clear the flag on Obstructs View and make it stop fading out when you get close. It's the same one that st_d mentioned, but, you need to clear the flag, not set it. It doesn't matter if it's there in the other BHAVs or not, you just add this to the end, and that's what the object will do. EDIT: You don't need to worry about the true/false/routing all that, just add it at the end.
Screenshots
Alchemist
#6 Old 19th May 2019 at 12:27 AM Last edited by Sunrader : 19th May 2019 at 12:47 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by st_d
To be honest what i was thinking was "if it's not there paste it, and if it's there take it out", because at the moment i didn't have time to test it in the game. Makes no sense, if the question is "obstructs view?", then you'd think setting the flag answers true to that *shakes head*.

I think of it this way - if an object in the game is set to "obstruct view," then the game will automatically make it fade out when the camera is close so it won't obstruct view. Clearing the flag makes it not do that. I had to do this for a hanging plant and for light fixtures I was trying to get close up screen shots of.
Screenshots