Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Dec 2014 at 5:58 PM Last edited by jmtmom : 1st Jan 2015 at 1:44 PM.
Default Complete set of Individual Default Replacement Skins, Downloads included
For the perhaps three people who might want them, here are some individual skintone default replacements for the game. It's quite easy, much easier than Sims 3. These are anatomically correct, but you'll need the male mesh from sexysims if you want to have the proper parts. The female mesh is very subtle, I don't use it in my game. I didn't create any of these, just fiddled with color and saturation. If any of the creators object, I'll take them down. I can't imagine that there will be any problems since this forum is so dead. I noticed 286 views, cool. I'm so late to this game after all.

Some of the scalps aren't perfectly matched, some of the body skins have noticeable seams as well. I won't be redoing it, but feel free to alter anything you would like to.

The problem was that there wasn't a way to pick and choose different defaults, it was all or nothing. Otonasi made some lovely skins, but you couldn't have those and Tummyza's or other full default skins installed. All of these are separate now, so you can pick and choose.

So I've made individual replacements for each skintone, all according to my whim. I've used components of different creators: Tummyza, Otonasi, Samko and Smukky. I pulled apart their packages and mixed them together.

Here is Otonasi's dark freckled skintone as a replacement for 08_Black Light. I didn't change anything except which skintone it replaces. Find the original here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...ghlight=otonasi

Female

Male

The second is my green freckled version as a replacement for 02_Asian_Light. I changed the color only. It's for both male and female. If Otonasi objects, I'll take it down.

Here's the replacement for skin 01, White_Albino. I used Smukky's face replacements found here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...ighlight=smukky , Samko's female body (minus the red splotches) found here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...ght=female+skin ; and Tummyza's less hairy male body.

My replacement for 04_White_Light is a lightened version of Otonasi's freckled skin.

Here's the replacement for skintone 3 using smukky, samko and tummyza's work.

Skintone 5 and 6 Replacements are recolorings of Otonasi's skins.

Replacements 7, 9 and 10 use smukky faces, samko's realistic female body replacements and tummyza's hairy male replacements.

The last for now, another 01_Albino White replacement using one of otanasi's skins. You can't have both of these, just one of each skintone.

Unfortunately, you can't have these and another default replacement in your game at the same time. I could separate all of the other defaults too, but I won't do that unless someone asks for it which I think is pretty unlikely. These are to my taste and I whipped them up pretty quickly. The game is charming, but I'm not sure about long-term appeal.

You can have Otonasi's original skins if you make sure and skip the skins in this set that would conflict. Cuniculosa's blue skin can be used with these sets too, just don't use the 06_replacement from here. I just put it in my game, it's pretty cool. Find it here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...ight=cuniculosa
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  02-Asian Light_Green Replacement.7z (3.27 MB, 2314 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: 7z  08_Black Light Default Replacement.7z (4.60 MB, 2665 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: 7z  01_White_Albino_Replacement_2.7z (2.20 MB, 2852 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: 7z  04_White_Light_Freckles_Replacement.7z (2.83 MB, 3235 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: 7z  03_Asian_Med_Replacement.7z (2.22 MB, 3157 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: 7z  05_White_Med_Replacement.7z (944.4 KB, 3296 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: 7z  06_Hispanic_Olive_Replacement.7z (954.8 KB, 3052 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: 7z  07_Hispanic_Dark_Replacement.7z (2.27 MB, 2891 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: 7z  09_Black_Med_Replacement.7z (2.28 MB, 2885 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: 7z  10_Black_Dark_Replacement.7z (2.22 MB, 2813 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: 7z  01_White Albino Replacement_Onotasi.7z (1,016.2 KB, 2055 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#2 Old 4th Jan 2015 at 9:07 PM
I don't usually double post, but the top post is getting too unwieldy to add more. I received a PM asking for more fantasy colors. I don't think I'll have time to do that myself, but here is how to easily change any of the default replacement packages here or anywhere else to what you would prefer. If you have experience creating for Sims 3 and using SimPe, it's quite simple. I just used the latest version of SimPe, none of the special addons. My approach to default replacement was to replace an entire skintone, both male and female. They are ordered in the way they appear on the skintone swatches: 01 is the upper left, 02 is the upper right and so on.

I've attached all the images that I extracted from the game. I had trouble with the AF face of Skintone 4, so I used Smukky's replacement. It seemed to work.

1. Use an image editing program to create the skin you want. It has to be DDS and in the same format as the other skintone images. Since I didn't come up with my own images, I don't know what the exact format is. I use Paint.net, but I assume you can use photoshop or gimp.

2. Open the package of the skintone you want to replace with SimPE and replace all of the images with what you like. If you change the color a lot, you'll also have to make the scalps. Not all of the above packages have scalps, so pay attention. I don't want to bother with opening them up and checking.

OR

Create a new package in SimPE and import the game images of the skintone you want to replace. The files I've attached should help with that. Then replace the images.

3. Save the package and try it in the game. It won't work if you have any default packages that change all of the faces or bodies.

I'm not sure how often I'll be back to check on this thread, but hopefully it's enough to get you started.
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  SimsMedievalSkintones.7z (16.40 MB, 1183 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
#3 Old 20th Jan 2015 at 10:12 PM
Thanx so much for this, really appreciate your work.
Test Subject
#4 Old 29th Jan 2015 at 9:12 PM
Yes, but although Medieval seems to be dead, be assured that there are still some people like me who appreciate the game, and really appreciate someone who still cares about ... ;-) Many tanks for sharing it !
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 22nd Feb 2015 at 11:57 PM Last edited by smukase : 23rd Feb 2015 at 12:20 AM.
Great job! You achieved what I could not perfectly, which is merge my face with a suitable texture for the rest of the body, and Otonasi's skins came out looking amazing on my face texture. I absolutely love her skin texture, too bad she only replaces single colors and not all of them. It would be very easy to just "match color" in photoshop and have all the different skincolors, unless she used a more complex method to create it. Maybe you could create more of your otonasi conversion for all the skincolors if you have the time, I would totally love them.

ps: your green lady at the top looks a lot like Cersei Lannister lol
Test Subject
#6 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 11:25 AM
so from my understanding i can only pick one of each skintone? White, Asian, Hispanic and Black? Like i can't have albino and light at the same time.
Test Subject
#7 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 1:08 PM
You can. The game has 10 skintones, these are replacements for each one.
Test Subject
#8 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 1:14 PM
okay i see but how do i install them?
Test Subject
#9 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 3:23 AM
nevermind, apparently the files from the second post are different from the first post.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 24th May 2018 at 12:47 PM Last edited by leontinees : 20th Jul 2019 at 10:09 AM.
I would love to have the green one... but sadly, it replaces a skin that I actually use in-game
If only it would be the lightest up on the left or the darkest down on the right... I never use those two. Sigh.
Test Subject
#11 Old 5th Feb 2020 at 6:16 AM
IDK if you're still posting here, but I've recently gotten really into TSM lately and am checking out various mods and such. You mention the site SexySims having a mesh for the male skin, but when I search the downloads folders there I can't find anything TSM related. Is the site defunct? Is there another place to find this mesh? Thanks.
Test Subject
#12 Old 18th Feb 2020 at 11:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cowsharkwomyn
IDK if you're still posting here, but I've recently gotten really into TSM lately and am checking out various mods and such. You mention the site SexySims having a mesh for the male skin, but when I search the downloads folders there I can't find anything TSM related. Is the site defunct? Is there another place to find this mesh? Thanks.

Search for "medieval" under sims 3 downloads there. Alternatively, if you google "sexysims medieval" then grimreefer's mods should be the first two results you see (one for male, one for female).
Test Subject
#13 Old 21st Aug 2020 at 2:50 PM
it is a good job, and im happy what many people interesting TSM and creating a little bit things. thank u!
Test Subject
#14 Old 10th Sep 2020 at 2:28 AM
I don’t know why, but here in my game the skin tones on the heads of the sims are different from the rest of the body. The green tone for example (which I would use to make Elphaba), only turns green on the head, while the rest of the body turns white.

does anyone know what to do?
Test Subject
#15 Old 5th Sep 2021 at 4:07 AM
Default Love this!
Thank you for sharing these! They are incredible and make the game so much more playable.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 6th Oct 2021 at 6:24 PM
Love these skins! I'm trying TSM now Better late than never!
Test Subject
#17 Old 5th Dec 2021 at 12:18 PM
Can I ask -- are there links to the body defaults you used? I can't seem to find them and I would like to try and see the less hairy options!
Test Subject
#18 Old 20th Oct 2022 at 5:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by time4sims
Yes, but although Medieval seems to be dead, be assured that there are still some people like me who appreciate the game, and really appreciate someone who still cares about ... ;-) Many tanks for sharing it !

Hi from Brazil, I totally agree with your comment.
It's been years since I played The Sims Medieval, the first few times when I played, I didn't use Mods, but now during the quarantine I've been playing again and the Mods and custom content gave me more enthusiasm to play and I'm very grateful for the The Sims Medieval community is still standing.
The medieval theme is something that still pleases many and I am happy that there is content for us admirers. :lovestruc
Screenshots
Test Subject
#19 Old 21st Oct 2022 at 3:10 PM
These skins are really amazing. Has anyone made a version of the 02_Asian_Light skin that matches the original skin tone? Thank you.
Test Subject
#20 Old 24th Jul 2023 at 2:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Valquiria
Hi from Brazil, I totally agree with your comment.
It's been years since I played The Sims Medieval, the first few times when I played, I didn't use Mods, but now during the quarantine I've been playing again and the Mods and custom content gave me more enthusiasm to play and I'm very grateful for the The Sims Medieval community is still standing.
The medieval theme is something that still pleases many and I am happy that there is content for us admirers. :lovestruc

Hello there! I am also from Brazil, playing The Sims Medieval for a year now. Do you want to join my discord server to talk about the game? (any of the the sims actually)
https://discord.gg/24GCJhz3S