Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#26 Old 16th Apr 2024 at 9:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sturlington
Maybe consider having a zombie round? Have everybody vote on the eliminated Sims and bring back the favorites head-to-head as a bracket in a later round. Zombie round seems appropriate for the Sims 2!

I'm not really sure how that would work or where in the tree I would place that bracket. Before the tie-breaker round I had considered eliminating both Sophia Jocque and Alexandra O'Mackey since even the total votes for that match were less then Vidcund or Ophelia individually, but I felt like that would be against the spirit of a bracket tournament.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 16th Apr 2024 at 12:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by M.T.Pockets
I'm not really sure how that would work or where in the tree I would place that bracket. Before the tie-breaker round I had considered eliminating both Sophia Jocque and Alexandra O'Mackey since even the total votes for that match were less then Vidcund or Ophelia individually, but I felt like that would be against the spirit of a bracket tournament.

I've never met Sophia Jocque or Alexandra Mackey, so I voted randomly for them. Probably a lot of people didn't vote for them at all because they didn't know who they were.

You could have a zombie round as a kind of consolation tournament. Everyone eliminated in the first round squares off again against each other.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#28 Old 16th Apr 2024 at 12:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I've never met Sophia Jocque or Alexandra Mackey, so I voted randomly for them. Probably a lot of people didn't vote for them at all because they didn't know who they were.

You could have a zombie round as a kind of consolation tournament. Everyone eliminated in the first round squares off again against each other.

Yeah, that's what I figured.

A consolation tournament could be fun, but I'm not sure how many sims in it people would actually care about. I recall Angela Pleasant vs Beau Broke being a close race, but I'm not sure how many of the eliminated sims are ones people care about. If I recall correctly, 50 of the eliminated 64 were from Riverblossom Hills, Desiderata Valley, and Belladonna Cove. I also don't have time to organize it unfortunately. If someone else did though I would happily participate.

@sturlington
Scholar
#29 Old 16th Apr 2024 at 2:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by M.T.Pockets
Yeah, that's what I figured.

A consolation tournament could be fun, but I'm not sure how many sims in it people would actually care about. I recall Angela Pleasant vs Beau Broke being a close race, but I'm not sure how many of the eliminated sims are ones people care about. If I recall correctly, 50 of the eliminated 64 were from Riverblossom Hills, Desiderata Valley, and Belladonna Cove. I also don't have time to organize it unfortunately. If someone else did though I would happily participate.

@sturlington

A zombie round would have everybody vote just on the eliminated Sims and then you bring back the top winners in as many brackets as you need to make it even. But it is more work, and this is just for fun, so no worries. There can be only one winner after all, and probably some of those Sims that fewer people know will get cut in the next round.

I did think Vidcund would enjoy coming back as a zombie.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 16th Apr 2024 at 8:39 PM
Well, I've voted in Round 2. It was a little easier than Round 1 as there weren't any pairs where I didn't know either of them. In those cases I abstained. I think that was the best course rather than arbitrarily choose one. If I did that, then the one I didn't choose might die of disappointment -- then their ghost might come and haunt me.

The hardest choice for me so far was Bottom Summerdream and Beatrice Monty. In my game they're both still children, and they're best friends. They often play together. Choosing between them was invidious.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#31 Old 16th Apr 2024 at 9:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Well, I've voted in Round 2. It was a little easier than Round 1 as there weren't any pairs where I didn't know either of them. In those cases I abstained. I think that was the best course rather than arbitrarily choose one. If I did that, then the one I didn't choose might die of disappointment -- then their ghost might come and haunt me.

The hardest choice for me so far was Bottom Summerdream and Beatrice Monty. In my game they're both still children, and they're best friends. They often play together. Choosing between them was invidious.

Yeah I have them play together a lot to! Although Beatrice is one of my favourite sims period so that one wasn't too hard. I did struggle with Juliette Capp vs Hal Capp though. I wish both could have advanced.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 16th Apr 2024 at 10:01 PM
Yes, that's not an easy one either. I went for Juliette Capp, as Grand Duchess of Veronaville, and titular Head of State. But that was hard on young Hal who is only beginning to make his mark in our Veronaville. It can't be easy being the middle child in a large family like that. And I think the other middle child, his younger sister Desdemona, is a bit pushy -- she's not going to let anyone sit on her! She already has a boyfriend -- the cute and gentle little Othello Moore. I think Hal will have to learn to be a bit more assertive.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Forum Resident
#33 Old 16th Apr 2024 at 10:13 PM
This is a lot of fun
I was one of the ones that didn't vote in the Jocque/O'Mackey face-off even though I have met Sophia, because the way I decided to go about it was to vote when I either knew both sims, or knew and really liked one of them. For Sophia Jocque I don't have any strong feelings one way or another, so I skipped that one.

Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
The hardest choice for me so far was Bottom Summerdream and Beatrice Monty.

YES. That one and also Bottom vs Kaylynn (?) in round two for me.

I am Error.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 17th Apr 2024 at 2:20 PM
I picked Bottom immediately vs Kaylynn. XD She's a homewrecker.
Forum Resident
#35 Old 17th Apr 2024 at 4:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I picked Bottom immediately vs Kaylynn. XD She's a homewrecker.

Yup, I think more than anything my view of her is coloured by her love story with one of my favourite in-game born sims (with no homewrecking involved). It almost made me crush on her, lol.

I am Error.
Mad Poster
#36 Old 17th Apr 2024 at 5:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kligma
Yup, I think more than anything my view of her is coloured by her love story with one of my favourite in-game born sims (with no homewrecking involved). It almost made me crush on her, lol.

I'm willing to believe that she just needs to get rid of Don. XD
Test Subject
Original Poster
#37 Old 19th Apr 2024 at 10:07 PM
Round 2 has ended, we are now advancing to round 3 featuring sixteen matches! I'm so glad everyone has been having fun with this. Remember to vote by Saturday April 27th at 5am.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...orm?usp=sf_link
Forum Resident
#38 Old 19th Apr 2024 at 10:42 PM
Again Bottom goes up against someone else I'm fond of. Lol. Also I'm happy to see so many Veronaville sims are still in the running.

I am Error.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#39 Old 19th Apr 2024 at 10:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kligma
Again Bottom goes up against someone else I'm fond of. Lol. Also I'm happy to see so many Veronaville sims are still in the running.

Honestly Veronaville is doing quite well:

Pleasantview 10-11 (depending on if you include Bella Goth here)
Veronaville 10
Strangetown 9-10 (depending on if you include Bella Goth here)
Bluewater Village 1
Belladonna Cove 1

Pleasantview dominated the early competition. The only Pleasantview sims who didn't advance past round one were against other Pleasantview sims with one or two exceptions (Mortimer Goth and arguably Lucy Burb who was against Meadow Thayer). Now things have really evened out. I think there's quite a few pairs against people from their own towns though this round, but I haven't counted that.
Scholar
#40 Old 19th Apr 2024 at 11:24 PM
Well, there were some difficult choices in that round, that's for sure!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#41 Old 25th Apr 2024 at 8:02 PM
35 hours left in this round! Don't forget to vote if you haven't yet! =D There's a lot less votes then last round and some very tight races.
Theorist
#42 Old 26th Apr 2024 at 7:40 AM
I only received this last post to be new in my Subscriptions. For some reason, the post with the link to round 3 and the whole discussion from April 19th didn't highlight the thread for me for new posts
Field Researcher
#43 Old 26th Apr 2024 at 10:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
NO FANDOM IS RESERVED FOR THE YOUTH!!!!! You like what you like and you go out and enjoy it whatever way you enjoy it, and this is a sign of maturity. Younger people are always worried about aging out of their fandoms and it's so sad that so many people, with the world ahead of them, see nothing but a drab future where they aren't allowed to enjoy themselves on pain of...what, exactly? And who's going to enforce this nebulous penalty, the fandom police? When you get to actually be old you'll realize that you can do what you want forever and whoever doesn't like it can die mad about it, that's not on you; but happiness is having something to look forward to, and it's so sad to see the Youths without that.

Slightly off topic, but this is one of the best and most true things I've ever read on this site.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#44 Old 27th Apr 2024 at 10:09 AM
Round 3 has now closed! For the most part. The sudden influx of votes managed to decide a lot of the close matches (and here I was worried it would be wrong to send a reminder because self-promotion), but one tie remains! It will close at 5:10 am EST tomorrow (Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!). If it's still a tie I'll be using the good old coin flip method.

Here is the link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...orm?usp=sf_link

I feel like I shouldn't be announcing any of the results yet, but on the topic of tie breakers, I can't help it. Remember how Ophelia Nigmos beat Vidcund Curious in a coin flip? She beat Cassandra Goth! I did not see this coming! In fact, half of the top four from the tournament 9 years ago did not advance to the top 16 this time. My mind is blown.... but I also really wish it was Vidcund. RIP Vidcund.
Mad Poster
#45 Old 27th Apr 2024 at 10:08 PM
Well I've voted in the tie-break, but it was hard. The boy who persuaded me to try playing Pleasantview against a Veronavillian girl. Eventually, after talking to Andrew, I felt that, as an adopted Veronavillian myself, I had to support my own town, but it wasn't an easy decision to make.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#46 Old 28th Apr 2024 at 10:22 AM
Once again Dustin vs Bottom ended in a tie so it was decided with a coin flip. Dustin won. I know this will be a tough pill to swallow for some and as a Vidcund fan seeing Ophelia get this far, I relate. If it makes any of you feel any better though Veronaville is still doing really well. The breakdown for neighborhoods is as follows:

Pleasantview 6
Veronaville 5
Strangetown 5

Anyway, we've now moved on to the top 16 sims whittled down from the original 128! I've now made the polls for round 4. They will be open until Thursday May 2nd at 9am EST.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...orm?usp=sf_link
Test Subject
Original Poster
#47 Old 28th Apr 2024 at 12:49 PM Last edited by M.T.Pockets : 28th Apr 2024 at 1:04 PM.
Oh yeah I just wanted to share a few observations between this tournament and the one nine years ago. Only 6 sims made it into both top 16s (Nervous Subject, Ripp Grunt, Don Lothario, Nina Caliente, Lilith Pleasant, Angela Pleasant).

Nine years ago the other 10 were: Ginger Newson, Malcolm Landgraab IV, Olive Specter, Pascal Curious, Kaylynn Langerak, Mortimer Goth, Dina Caliente, and Bella Goth

We've replaced them with: Lazlo Curious, Desdemona Capp, Oberon Summerdream, Juliette Capp, Hermia Capp, Dirk Dreamer, Mercutio Monty, Johnny Smith, Dustin Broke, and Ophelia Nigmos

As you can see there's a huge spike in Veronaville, but this time no one from Bluewater Village or the stealth hoods made it (granted many were not included this time). It's also worth noting most of the top 16 this time are teenagers rather then adults. We also have a child this time, but no elders.

Edit: Almost forgot Ophelia and Cassandra went up against each other in the old tournament, but Cassandra beat her and ultimately won.
Page 2 of 2