Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jul 2016 at 9:16 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Awesome Mod and NRaas 2016
Hello,

I know that this topic was raised many times but there is nothing from this year and I'am afraid that there were some updates (?)
I was trying to install AM (I did it before once, some about one year ago but I reinstalled Sims recently). I put it in right folder (Packages), I downloaded Resource.cfg (Mods) and NRaas Master Controller (same folder as AM). I have NRaas mode in the game but nothing above that. There is no AM in game. What did I do wrong? Please help or just throw links on my face if there are somewhere here
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 7th Jul 2016 at 10:58 AM
Are you certain that AM didn't load? It's been a long time since I've used both, but they should be fine together though I don't believe AM necessarily announces its presence in any obvious way unless you mean its features and settings changes just aren't showing up. Also, check to make sure you've actually got AM, the mod itself, in Packages and not just the settings changes file. If you use the latter, then there would be two different AM files to place.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#3 Old 7th Jul 2016 at 10:59 AM
Are you sure that AM is not in your game? There is nothing obvious that tells you that AM is installed. An easy check is to type "showconfig" into the cheat console. If several windows pop up after it then AM is installed and working.

Edit: Ninja'd, sort of.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Jul 2016 at 2:34 PM Last edited by Sudacz : 7th Jul 2016 at 5:07 PM.
I'm sure. I generate AM by myself from this page http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/t...some/config.php It have my own settings and for example in game there is no precision time for moodlets, censor is still visible etc.
I know that AM should have 2 files but this generator generate only one. It was working year ago but I can't remember if I did it the same way.

Edit:

Ok I just took out the files and put them in again and it started to work. I supose it was Sim Magic

Edit2:

Ok just kidding it still doesn't work... it was another mod that started working but not AM. Typing showconfig in cheat console makes nothing happens
Mad Poster
#5 Old 7th Jul 2016 at 6:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sudacz
I know that AM should have 2 files but this generator generate only one. It was working year ago but I can't remember if I did it the same way.

The mod is one file. The config changes you have generated is another file. Therefore, there must be two files. It sounds like you don't actually have the one that is the mod file in place, it doesn't come from the generator.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 7th Jul 2016 at 7:58 PM Last edited by Persian : 7th Jul 2016 at 8:02 PM. Reason: more info
To use AM you need to download the actual file for that from this link: Then put it into your mods folder.

http://beta.moreawesomethanyou.com/ts3/base/

Then you can generate a config file (from this link) to make the settings whatever you like and put that in your game also.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...some/config.php

Hope this helps.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Jul 2016 at 10:58 AM
Ok thank you very much, now it is working in the game and typing showconfig shows me list of my settings in AM.
But there is some little trouble. When I start the game it won't start automatically - pops up a window and there is written that I have not original mod used in the game - I click Continue and the game is starting. Then on the welcoming window shows this window:

https://s31.postimg.org/9rtunmgyz/IMAG1775.jpg

I click Ignore and everything is okay but I don't know if something goes wrong?
#8 Old 8th Jul 2016 at 11:23 AM
This message means that your game version (patch level) does not match the version of AwesomeMod. AwesomeMod is only for patch level 1.67. If you are on an older version you should update your game to 1.67. If you are already at patch level 1.69 then you're out of luck, AM does not support patch 1.69.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 8th Jul 2016 at 11:35 AM
Yes I have 1.69 version Can I use AM this way I'm using now with this poping up windows? Or it will crush soon?
Mad Poster
#10 Old 8th Jul 2016 at 4:57 PM
Nothing conclusive here, but other AM users report on our site that the current version of the mod works on Patch 1.69 provided they can get past the core version mismatch error -- some players find that the game minimizes to the task bar at that point and doesn't provide them with a way to click through it, but that doesn't seem to be the case here. That it still works the same is to be expected since 1.69 changed nothing at all about gameplay over 1.67, only the way in which the game starts up and the executable file that the game runs (TS3.exe vs. TS3W.exe).

@Don Babilon - Have you or other users found otherwise?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 9:01 AM
Well, thanks for help anyway, I'm happy that it's finally working, this way or another ;D
#12 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 9:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Nothing conclusive here, but other AM users report on our site that the current version of the mod works on Patch 1.69 provided they can get past the core version mismatch error -- some players find that the game minimizes to the task bar at that point and doesn't provide them with a way to click through it, but that doesn't seem to be the case here. That it still works the same is to be expected since 1.69 changed nothing at all about gameplay over 1.67, only the way in which the game starts up and the executable file that the game runs (TS3.exe vs. TS3W.exe).

Don Babilon - Have you or other users found otherwise?
No idea, to be frank. Last time I visited MATY the usual stance was that if you try to run 1.67AM in a 1.69 game then you are on your own. I recall some people who could still play and others who couldn't, just like you noticed, too, but no conclusion on whether it should be safe to continue playing with that set-up.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 30th Oct 2016 at 9:06 AM
ok i know which this thread is old and i'm a little later to post but instead of create a new thread i think was better write a new and to be honest(i also not was playing that much anyway) only now i could notice which my AM is not working i'm using the 1.69 game version and i get the missmatch error and i also noticed which things are not "working" as they used to work before, i started to notice my sims being less active, specially when i go to visit someone house, normally i ending finding the npc sims just standing still and doing nothing, the same goes at night time when they where supposed to be sleeping, i remember when switching beteween familes i could see sims sleeping in they beds but now all i see is just "sims standing" and doing nothing, this started to happen more on new games and after i did a clean in the caches these days, the error i had for a long time but never noticed that things but now they where very obvious, then any news about this??? or have a way to "downgrade a patch??? like get back to 1.67 or a way to install the game and controll what patch level to be instaled?
Site Helper
#14 Old 30th Oct 2016 at 2:14 PM
Yes, but you may not like it.
If you have your game through Origin, find copies of the discs from before 2012 or repurchase them all on Steam. If you already own pre-2012 discs, be sure you have all the codes.
Double check your codes. Once you've uninstalled there is no going back without them.
Set Origin to run offline and don't let it auto-update.

Download the 1.67 superpatcher
Move your Documents Sims 3 folder to a safe place (More precaution than necessary. )
Uninstall the Sims 3 (You are SURE you have all your codes, right?)
Reinstall it and use your downloaded Superpatcher.

Now don't get any new EPs from Origin, and don't run the game through it.

And I'm leaving something out, but I can't remember what it is.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Scholar
#15 Old 30th Oct 2016 at 3:52 PM
well, btw. despise the game level, I'm pretty sure Awesome must be placed in the Override folder (not regular packages) for really working. At last in my case it was always "the case".

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 30th Oct 2016 at 6:04 PM
Hi ellessarr. Yesterday I did a complete reinstall of my game. You only need the Base Game pre 2012. Here are some notes I posted over at NRaas in one of the threads:

@MoMoll - I am, as we speak, reinstalling my entire game from discs. Half of my game was Origin and the other half, thankfully which included the base game from 2010. I uninstalled Origin and used CCleaner before installing. I still follow Sim_Ad's rule of thumb for installing the Super Patch: Install after the base game is installed and install it again after all discs are installed. I did not use a saved Super Patch, rather went and got a fresh file from Sims VIP. I also did the bypass the Launcher thing after the base game was installed.

A couple of things to note:
You might see a message when installing additional EP's advising your base game is is an earlier version of the EP and further scares the crappola out of you by advising you will need to go on the internet and access Origin to play. Ignore it and continue on.

Watch out when installing Seasons for the little box next to "Yes, I would like to install the latest version of Origin. You need to untick that. I have yet to see it again but keep an eye out for that. (Edit: I did see it again. Please remember to watch for this)

I run the game after every couple of installs to make sure all is well.

Full details and a post from igazor are at the bottom of This Page in Chatterbox at NRaas

The install went through without a hitch and all I had to do was drop my game folders in.

Make sure to put a back up copy of your current game folder on desktop or someplace safe
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 30th Oct 2016 at 8:38 PM
really thanks for the replays, well this gonna be very complicated for me, i have physical copys for most of the EP but few SP and few EP where origin codes, then i need origin to install all and that will be very troublesome for and looks like i gonna have to live with that for now, is really sad cuz i really liked what the Awesome mod did on my game and make the things more "alive" and now is looking a little the opposite, well they still more active on public lots but not as they used to be before and still have the problem at home lots but looks like the downgrade will be very troublesome for me( and to be honest i don't have courage to have to reinstall everything again(mods, packs, store content) this whole process take tooo long for i can have patient and i could prefer wait until i have to "format my pc" to do that, if this game not was soo time consuming at instalation i could do that.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 30th Oct 2016 at 9:29 PM
An easy way to tell if AM is working in game is to open the cheats box and type "fixall" or "towderelicts." This should give you a msg that pops up with info of what the cheat fixed. It's an easy way to tell if it's working.
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 30th Oct 2016 at 10:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ellessarr
... i don't have courage to have to reinstall everything again(mods, packs, store content) this whole process take tooo long for i can have patient and i could prefer wait until i have to "format my pc" to do that, if this game not was soo time consuming at instalation i could do that.

Just to clarify my earlier post. I did not have to reinstall everything after reinstalling the games. I ran the new game to play test a world to make sure it was working ok. After I exited the game I removed the The new Sims 3 game folder and replaced with my original The Sims 3 folder.
Scholar
#20 Old 7th Apr 2019 at 10:19 PM
I’ve not used Awesome Mod since 2009, so I’m waaay out of the loop. I wanted to try it again, because it seems to have evolved quite a bit over time – and there is a script mod I want to try that only works correctly when AM is installed. I saw the directions for installing it – back from 2009! And then in the same thread, but in 2013, Pescado posts that he still installs the mod the same way he did back in the day – in the game and WA directory instead of the documents ??

I’m not sure if I read that right, and I see people griping and yelling at anyone asking. The “solution” seemed to be keep installing it in different places until you found where it worked. I saw there was a framework folder with zips (and for some reason, I think I remember you had to keep the files zipped back in the day, but you don’t have to do that anymore) then there’s a .dll file, and I’m not sure where that goes.

If you really have to stick everything in the game directory, do you also have to put it in all the EP folders too? Or just ITF?

Sorry for necro and sorry for not asking there, but I’m not up for MOAR FIGHT over this. I quit using Awesome mod back when IndyStone was still a thing. So I’m guessing my memory of how AM used to work will hinder more than help.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 8th Apr 2019 at 2:14 AM Last edited by igazor : 8th Apr 2019 at 3:10 AM.
Awesome mod plus its optional config file go into Mods\Packages in the user TS3 game folder in Documents like any other mod despite what the great and powerful Pes says. It is possible that Awesome will still work either way, although the Program File method is much more complicated. But many other mods, including ours at NRaas, will not work properly when using the much older Program File structure with the dll thing. This all changed with Patch 1.12 when Ambitions was released in 2010. And you can't have two different Frameworks at the same time, that's not a recipe for success either.