Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th May 2017 at 2:23 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Need help installing the Sims 3 on my new laptop!
I'm sorry if there's already a forum about this, but I really need some help an can't find any on the internet!! I have quite a few problems that I'm encountering while I'm trying to reinstall the sims 3 on my new laptop. See, I got my new laptop a few months ago, and I've been trying various ways to install it and have failed multiple times, which sucks a lot considering I want to play the Sims 3 again, especially now that I have a computer that can run it! Anyway.. My main problem is, all of my expansions are on Origin, and I own an old disk (which I mainly bought for CAW, but that's aside the point). And the other problem is that I have CC that doesn't work with 1.69 and that version has only given me trouble.. a buggy game and very, very long loading times (In fact, recently, I tried to load Isla Paradiso and it wouldn't load AT ALL! It literally was stuck at the end of the loading bar for over an hour). So I tried installing everything from origin, and superpatching.. and the superpatcher said that there has to be a previous version of the game to patch to 1.67.. So, I uninstalled the Sims 3 and its EPs, and reinstalled the Base Game from my disk, then superpatched it, then tried installing my EPs from Origin, and it forced me to update the game. So I thought, I'll just patch it back down, no problem... But when I did that, it caused all of my expansions to disappear and no longer work. So what do I do? There has to be some way around these problems, I just want the game to work like it used to!

If this helps at all, I've looked at the game files themselves and I noticed that the EPs are not installed in the same way anymore. They are put into the base game's directory instead of having folders of their own, which I am almost certain that that is the problem, but I have NO IDEA how to get around that. I tried copying the installers from my old computer to my new computer and Installing them that way, which I thought for sure it would work, but it didn't and the game said that there was something wrong and it couldn't start.. So I'm coming here, to the MTS community to see if there is any way I can fix this, any and all help will be greatly appreciated!!! I just want to play the Sims 3 again, I'm getting bored of only the Sims 4...
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 11th May 2017 at 1:00 PM
I'm sorry, but there is absolutely no (legitimate) way to perform an install that involves EP/SPs from Origin and stay off of Patch 1.69. A Patch 1.69 install cannot be successfully downpatched to 1.67; even those who make this work somewhat end up with a Launcher that shows version 0.0.0.0, which is not valid and doesn't work. And no, you cannot copy a DRM protected game's installers from one computer to another and have it work especially since things have likely changed since those installers were generated.

Many (not all) of the 1.69 related problems are coming from:
(a) User game folders in Documents from a prior time that have become compromised and need to be pulled out so a fresh one can be generated and
(b) Mixed disc-Origin installs that should work properly but don't (e.g., base game is disc but the EPs are Origin).

Neverending issues with Origin aside, there is no such thing as CC that works with 1.67 but not 1.69. The two patch levels are identical except for the way in which 1.69 makes us start the game with the Origin tie-in, and their internal build numbers. Core mods (of which there are only five in popular usage) are slightly affected and may display a core version mismatch warning on startup if not updated, but tuning mods, script mods, and CC should all function exactly the same as there are no other changes between the two patch levels.

Here is the full story and the three ways a player can perform a new install while staying on 1.67. The really quick TL;DR version with varying degrees of cost and inconvenience or in the case of the third one not really recommended is all discs; switch to Steam; or play on a Mac.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Patch+1.69
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th May 2017 at 5:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
I'm sorry, but there is absolutely no (legitimate) way to perform an install that involves EP/SPs from Origin and stay off of Patch 1.69. A Patch 1.69 install cannot be successfully downpatched to 1.67; even those who make this work somewhat end up with a Launcher that shows version 0.0.0.0, which is not valid and doesn't work. And no, you cannot copy a DRM protected game's installers from one computer to another and have it work especially since things have likely changed since those installers were generated.

Many (not all) of the 1.69 related problems are coming from:
(a) User game folders in Documents from a prior time that have become compromised and need to be pulled out so a fresh one can be generated and
(b) Mixed disc-Origin installs that should work properly but don't (e.g., base game is disc but the EPs are Origin).

Neverending issues with Origin aside, there is no such thing as CC that works with 1.67 but not 1.69. The two patch levels are identical except for the way in which 1.69 makes us start the game with the Origin tie-in, and their internal build numbers. Core mods (of which there are only five in popular usage) are slightly affected and may display a core version mismatch warning on startup if not updated, but tuning mods, script mods, and CC should all function exactly the same as there are no other changes between the two patch levels.

Here is the full story and the three ways a player can perform a new install while staying on 1.67. The really quick TL;DR version with varying degrees of cost and inconvenience or in the case of the third one not really recommended is all discs; switch to Steam; or play on a Mac.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Patch+1.69

Ok, so I have a different question then. Is it the CC for 1.67 that is preventing my game from loading worlds?? Or is that a different problem? And also, the warning is not anything to be worried about, correct?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 11th May 2017 at 8:07 PM
Since it's impossible for anyone to answer the CC question, I would suggest trying to get the game working properly with no CC at all first, on a clean (no content) game folder.

As for the core version mismatch error, it depends. Do you have any of the following core mods in play? But again, it would be best to get the install working with no mods or player added content at all first.

NRaas ErrorTrap
CmarNYC's XCAS
Consort's 2X Weight/Fitness
-- These three each have 1.69 specific versions.

AwesomeMod
-- There is no 1.69 version, those who can manage to dismiss the error message have to put up with it and hope everything works right.

NRaas UntranslatedKey
-- There is no 1.69 version but this one is really for mod developers.

If you don't have any of these five or don't have any mods at all but are still getting the core version mismatch warning, then I'm sorry but your install is broken. And that would be the case if you still have elements of 1.67 left over from an attempted SuperPatch. The best thing if that's the case would be to uninstall everything, clean the Windows Registry with the free version of CCleaner or an equivalent tool, and start over from the beginning, perhaps with an all Origin install (if you have a version of the base game that can be registered and installed that way).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th May 2017 at 9:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Since it's impossible for anyone to answer the CC question, I would suggest trying to get the game working properly with no CC at all first, on a clean (no content) game folder.

As for the core version mismatch error, it depends. Do you have any of the following core mods in play? But again, it would be best to get the install working with no mods or player added content at all first.

NRaas ErrorTrap
CmarNYC's XCAS
Consort's 2X Weight/Fitness
-- These three each have 1.69 specific versions.

AwesomeMod
-- There is no 1.69 version, those who can manage to dismiss the error message have to put up with it and hope everything works right.

NRaas UntranslatedKey
-- There is no 1.69 version but this one is really for mod developers.

If you don't have any of these five or don't have any mods at all but are still getting the core version mismatch warning, then I'm sorry but your install is broken. And that would be the case if you still have elements of 1.67 left over from an attempted SuperPatch. The best thing if that's the case would be to uninstall everything, clean the Windows Registry with the free version of CCleaner or an equivalent tool, and start over from the beginning, perhaps with an all Origin install (if you have a version of the base game that can be registered and installed that way).

Ok I think I've found the problem, I think it was CmarNYC's XCAS mod that was messing up the game. It was acting quite strange, like the game was taking a long time to load; another weird thing that was happening was lag when building walls, as well as when the world finally did load, the world looked as if there was a different texture on it when zoomed in on the world (like when placing lots), and the texture of the land wouldn't load, even when going into build mode on a lot, it was staying very pixelated.

Just to be safe though, I think I'm going to uninstall/reinstall the game and clean the registry to get the game running smoothly again. Thank you for your help!