Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#14501 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 7:13 PM
I don't think it makes sense to make college a random roll. You should decide whether the sims consider the additional debt to be worth it, and possibly separately whether the college accepted the teen based on their skills/badges.
Advertisement
Scholar
#14502 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 7:23 PM
Anything from aspiration, adoption, abortion, try for baby, risky woohoo and which sub they will live when they move out are I usually decide by using various of rolls 1-6, 1-10, 1-100. Looking at the threads on how they decide I couldn't still come up with something. Individually, I don't focus on each sims skills and badges or education that much which only 15 sim-days from child to ya.

The situation was a little bit like do *I* want him or does HE want to go college - something I find hard to decide. Delaney in the example has two scholarships but nothing else and I've many teens in similar situation where the situation is tied in a draw. One of my high motivation teen sims had a F in grades, because he was in bad mood but finance wise, afford the college!
Mad Poster
#14503 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 7:32 PM
I've decided that I'm going to go by the kids' ideas about college.
If they don't roll any wants whatsoever in the days while they're teens, they don't have to go.
Why bother sending them if they're not interested? It's a waste of time and money..and their chances of succeeding in it are very slim because they don't want to be there in the first place.
No random rolls for me-too random for such an important life decision!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#14504 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 7:33 PM
Is there/what is the best program to use to clean out unused recolors? ...and by "unused" I mean recolors that the game doesn't see because the item is now repositoried/slaved.

And ALSO:
Like kitchen counter recolors - when you delete the cabinet color and then the counter flashes blue... do I need to go find the now broken counter (half-of-a-recolor) and delete it? I know deleting "in game" isn't the best practice. But, I'm trying to weed through millions of old recolors, and get it down to a manageable amount. I'm using a throw-away game for this.

Thanks for any advice

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#14505 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 7:49 PM
I have (I think) monique's "automatically start doing homework at 7pm" hack. Unfortunately, it stomps queues. Is there a way to edit it so that it just adds it to the end of the queue instead of making them stop what they're doing immediately?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Test Subject
#14506 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 8:35 PM
How do you make your sims watch tv in bed? My stupid sims keep standing to do it instead.
Alchemist
#14507 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 8:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SabakuSasori
How do you make your sims watch tv in bed? My stupid sims keep standing to do it instead.
I think the bed would need to face the TV.
or maybe some mod would be required; not sure if such a mod exists or where it would be if it does.
Mad Poster
#14508 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 9:18 PM
I think you need to make them relax on the bed before watching TV. Could be the TV's facing the wrong way, too.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Test Subject
#14509 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 9:43 PM
@Bulbizarre - I did that before, rebooted the game and now the watch tv with the cicle is available, dunno why earlier it wasn't :/
Alchemist
#14510 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 5:26 AM
When recoloring, what's the difference between slaving something and the repository technique? I see these terms but no really simple explanation of exactly what they mean.
Lab Assistant
#14511 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 5:47 AM
I see people naming clothing downloads for toddlers with a P
eg PU
I know the U is for Unisex, but what is the P for??? I can't think

My simblrIcon credit
Mad Poster
#14512 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 5:53 AM
Toddler. They couldn't use T because it was Taken by Teens. P might stand for Pre-School.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14513 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 5:54 AM
We have never figured it out except that P was used by Maxis. We have debated if it means pre-school but nobody actually knows.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#14514 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 9:19 AM
Does 'try for puppy/kitten' success depend on relationship between pet and owner or between the pets?

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Undead Molten Llama
#14515 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 10:12 AM Last edited by iCad : 26th Jul 2018 at 10:42 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
When recoloring, what's the difference between slaving something and the repository technique? I see these terms but no really simple explanation of exactly what they mean.

There's no difference. It's just different names for the same thing. It just means that one mesh (a "slave") takes its textures from another mesh (the "master") rather than having it's own textures. There's two main reasons why it's done: 1) It reduces file size because it's usually the texture that is the largest part (in terms of file size) of an object and 2) It makes it easy to recolor large sets because, instead of having to separately recolor, say, 10 items in a set of objects, you only have to recolor one of them and all the "slaves" pick up the same colors.

I think the original term was "repository," in the sense that the "master object" is the repository of all the textures, but "slaving" was also used because that's a term that's been in computing for a long time. For instance, it used to be that to have more than one hard drive in a computer, you had to set one as the master and the other(s) as slave(s) (there was a little switch on hard drives, at the time) and then connect them to each other with cables in order for the motherboard to "see" them both rather than just plugging additional hard drives in to SATA ports. I think some people don't like the term "slaving" because it makes them think of human slavery -- which is not what it means at all but rather the more "computery" meaning -- so some people prefer to use "repository" or "repo'd" or things like that.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Top Secret Researcher
#14516 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 2:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bubblebeam
Does 'try for puppy/kitten' success depend on relationship between pet and owner or between the pets?

I think it is both to some degree. Your Pet must have a sufficiently high relationship with the Sim giving the command and I think it needs to have a sufficiently high relationship with the other pet, but I am not sure of the details.

My problem has always been why won't the Pet get pregnant? So, I have decided to just use The Sim Blender in most cases and just set the Pet to have a Litter with the other Pet on the lot.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#14517 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 2:15 PM
The pet should always get pregnant. Are you using a hack that allows extra sims and pets on the lot?
Mad Poster
#14518 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 3:05 PM
I think I understand when using the term "alias" in setting the config file for the game means: "shortcut word for cheat".
Is that right?

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Top Secret Researcher
#14519 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 3:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
The pet should always get pregnant. Are you using a hack that allows extra sims and pets on the lot?

@kestrellyn

Yes I use the one by BoilingOil. Is that why I have trouble getting the pet to be pregnant? Oh well I like using Sim Blender anyway lol.

Quote: Originally posted by FranH
I think I understand when using the term "alias" in setting the config file for the game means: "shortcut word for cheat".
Is that right?

@FranH

In the userStartup.cheat file an Alias is a shortcut word for the cheat, yes I think that is an accurate description.

For example I use "cheats" as my alias for "boolprop TestingCheatsEnabled true" and "cheats-" as my alias for "boolprop TestingCheatsEnabled false" Sans quotes of course.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#14520 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 4:14 PM
What does Power Idle do? Though it hardly shows any effect.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#14521 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 6:57 PM
It makes them stand/sit around until one of their needs is low, then they'll go pee/eat/etc. It also stays in effect when they're doing other things. i found it handy for managing the large families.

Mad Poster
#14522 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 7:11 PM
Is it normal for teens to spawn onto community lots when they're supposed to be in school?
Alchemist
#14523 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 7:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bubblebeam
as far as I can tell, it is always successful if the dogs/cats make the attempt. making the attempt depends on relationship levels; with both sim and the other pet.
Mad Poster
#14524 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 7:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
Is it normal for teens to spawn onto community lots when they're supposed to be in school?

Yes. They're just playing hooky.

Alchemist
#14525 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 8:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
There's no difference. It's just different names for the same thing. It just means that one mesh (a "slave") takes its textures from another mesh (the "master") rather than having it's own textures. There's two main reasons why it's done: 1) It reduces file size because it's usually the texture that is the largest part (in terms of file size) of an object and 2) It makes it easy to recolor large sets because, instead of having to separately recolor, say, 10 items in a set of objects, you only have to recolor one of them and all the "slaves" pick up the same colors.

I think the original term was "repository," in the sense that the "master object" is the repository of all the textures, but "slaving" was also used because that's a term that's been in computing for a long time. For instance, it used to be that to have more than one hard drive in a computer, you had to set one as the master and the other(s) as slave(s) (there was a little switch on hard drives, at the time) and then connect them to each other with cables in order for the motherboard to "see" them both rather than just plugging additional hard drives in to SATA ports. I think some people don't like the term "slaving" because it makes them think of human slavery -- which is not what it means at all but rather the more "computery" meaning -- so some people prefer to use "repository" or "repo'd" or things like that.

I remember that. Thank you very much for taking the time to explain this. So, anyone... what's binning in this context?
Page 581 of 1345