Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jan 2024 at 5:11 PM
Default Can't update game and custom content question?
Hello all,

I'm back to playing Sims 3 after many years and having lots of fun with it. I missed it. Is 1.70 the latest update? The game doesn't update anymoe is that correct? I've tried to add custom content to the game and I'm thinking about mods also but I did add some pretty custom content hair styles and I'm sure I installed it correctly but its not showing up in my game at all. I have a new mac desktop and the game plays beautifully on it. I also have a new windows laptop but the Sims 3 doesn't play on it at all. Sims 4 does though. Does anyone have any advice or help about why custom content and mods can't be installed. I appreciate any help or advice. Thank you so much, happy simming everyone

Darene
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 13th Jan 2024 at 7:36 PM
1.67 = Retail disc (Win), Steam (Win), 32-bit Mac
1.69 = Origin/EA App (Win)
1.70 = 64-bit Mac

These are all "current" versions as the game files themselves have not changed since Patch 1.66 was released almost exactly ten years ago now.

There's a whole bunch of issues with the new(ish) 64-bit Mac version that we now have to believe will never be resolved, like terrain painting and the open water layer (seas/oceans) not functioning. But Mods and CC not working is not among them. Are these hairs not showing up installed by way of the Launcher as sims3packs would be or are they package based content? If the latter, have you put the Framework with its required Resource.cfg file and its two test mods into place first and cleared (deleted) the cache files before starting up?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Jan 2024 at 5:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
1.67 = Retail disc (Win), Steam (Win), 32-bit Mac
1.69 = Origin/EA App (Win)
1.70 = 64-bit Mac

These are all "current" versions as the game files themselves have not changed since Patch 1.66 was released almost exactly ten years ago now.

There's a whole bunch of issues with the new(ish) 64-bit Mac version that we now have to believe will never be resolved, like terrain painting and the open water layer (seas/oceans) not functioning. But Mods and CC not working is not among them. Are these hairs not showing up installed by way of the Launcher as sims3packs would be or are they package based content? If the latter, have you put the Framework with its required Resource.cfg file and its two test mods into place first and cleared (deleted) the cache files before starting up?

Thank you so much! I remember you from years ago. You are always so helpful. When I get back on my desktop where I play the game I'll check this stuff out and write back. The only thing I didn't do was delete cache files and I always remember doing that. Bear with me, as it's been so many years since I played but thank you. I'll check a few things out on my desktop and I'll get back to you Igazor