Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jan 2017 at 10:49 PM Last edited by teafortwo : 5th Jan 2017 at 3:15 AM.
Default Is there a way to start a fresh new game ? (SOLVED!)
(Reminding myself that there is no stupid question!) I will be as clear as possible. I have played Sims 4 since it first became available and have yet to find how to start a brand new, never played or saved game; as when the game is first opened. All I have ever been able to do is to open a previously played, saved game. The only way that I know of to start a new untouched game is to go in and delete all of the saves.

All I can think of is to perhaps move my saved games out . restart the game . open the fresh new game, move in a Sim and save as New Game. AND then exit the game. AND THEN move the saved games that I wish to keep back in.

I am going to try this. However does the game itself provide a simple, built in way to do this?

The only NEW option that I find is to start a new household that must be moved into a game already in progress.

Leaves me feeling nuts!!!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 4th Jan 2017 at 11:21 PM
There's two ways to add a new household. One, the way you've already found, is the plus button next to the play button - the big ones kind of in the middle of the screen. Look up in the upper right of the screen at the icons, and there is a plus up there that says "start new game" or something like that. That will create a fresh game with all the premades reset and none of your sims in it yet (except for the starting sim you createin CAS and added, of course). There will be no other sims created by you in that save until you add them. To switch saves from the starting screen, press the icon that looks like a floppy disk and choose the save you want to play. The one you played last will be selected, but you can pick a different one. This way you can actually have many saves in the games in various states, with various families.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Jan 2017 at 12:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Taube
There's two ways to add a new household. One, the way you've already found, is the plus button next to the play button - the big ones kind of in the middle of the screen. Look up in the upper right of the screen at the icons, and there is a plus up there that says "start new game" or something like that. That will create a fresh game with all the premades reset and none of your sims in it yet (except for the starting sim you createin CAS and added, of course). There will be no other sims created by you in that save until you add them. To switch saves from the starting screen, press the icon that looks like a floppy disk and choose the save you want to play. The one you played last will be selected, but you can pick a different one. This way you can actually have many saves in the games in various states, with various families.

Thank you!! ((Excuse me while I go bang my head on the nearest wall!!)). After all this time you'd think I'd have noticed that + icon hiding up there in that corner - in plain sight! It is no wonder that (many decades ago) a frustrated teacher remarked that "For such an intelligent student ; you can be really quite stupid at times!"
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 5th Jan 2017 at 4:26 AM
I wouldn't say that it's such a silly thing at all. Sims 3 makes it really easy to start a new game, but the button in sims 4 is hard to find. Took me months to find it myself.

Farley Farm - After running away in highschool with her boyfriend Hank, Odelia goes back to her childhood home after her father’s death. How will Meredith cope living with her grandmother? How will Rosena cope with her daughter’s return?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Jan 2017 at 6:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GothicGorilla
I wouldn't say that it's such a silly thing at all. Sims 3 makes it really easy to start a new game, but the button in sims 4 is hard to find. Took me months to find it myself.

Exactly! With 2 and 3 it is very obvious how to begin new games. While Sims 4 provides a helpful (in game) gameplay tutorial to refer to I've not seen any complete, detailed for dummies and newbies (LOL) obvious tutorial for getting started. It should be made very clear on the 'entry screen' exactly what each icon is and where it is located. (Or am I just not seeing that as well...)
Field Researcher
#6 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 5:53 PM
Now I have the same problem, I pushed the BIG new game button, and still my last game is where I start every thing is where I left my old game. HELP
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 3:21 PM
This is what I do. Start game, when you get the to game screen, on the left hand side, under Sims 4, there is a big arrow, under that it says new game and under that it says load game. Click new game, make a sim or sims. Click save and play and add sim to the world of your choice.