Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th May 2012 at 7:43 AM
Default Trouble with the Object Modding tutorial, where is mscorlib?
Hello, I'm stuck at one of the very early steps with object modding. When extracting the core libraries using S3PE, I've followed all instructions to the letter, but nowhere in the packages after any "manifestmodule" entries is a mscorlib.dll listed, so I'm not really sure where to get it.
In the screenshot showing which references to use, there are a total of 11 selected, including mscorlib.dll and Automation.dll, however, there are only 3 packages to get these dll's from, and of these 3 packages there are 3 resources in each.
So, in total, there should only be 9 references anyway to add to Visual Studio.

Anyway, long story short, where do I extract these other two .dll's from? Automation.dll and the correct version of mscorlib.dll

Thanks in advance, sorry if this is a stupid question.
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 5th May 2012 at 8:53 AM
In Pets, I got mscorlib.dll from the sims3 game scripts, and automation was actually included in one of the dlls but was not the main class so the dll wasn't named after it.

Now I don't think Twallan agrees with me about the automation, and why I got it and he doesn't remains a mystery, though I certainly would be inclined to defer to him as being the more experienced modder for TS3

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)